• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Des Moines Airman Arrested for Carrying Toy Gun

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Des Moines Airman Arrested for Carrying Toy Gun

Des Moines, May 29th - He's trained to use real guns...but now a Des Moines airman is in jail for using a toy gun.
Nineteen year old Patrick Thompson was arrested and charged with carrying a gun early Sunday morning.His father says Thompson and his friends were just playing with toy guns that shoot plastic bullets.
Police got a call that someone was inaneastside neighborhood with a gun and police say they repsonded accordingly by arrestomg Thompson.
Thompson is being held on$6500 bail.

This is absolutely rediculous, watch the video.

VAopencarry

imported post

I am about to have a full melt down!!!!!!

Even listening to the 'factual' parts of the story one can see they DID NOT break the law. How in the hell the police think they had any right to arrest this kid is beyond me. To top it all off his Air Force career is just starting and he'll be standing tall in front of the old man at his duty station. IF he can even get there without being UA do to his being locked up, what a mess, that cop needs to be fired!!!

It's a toy they bought at WalMart!!!! They were not attempting a robbery or anything, they were doing what boys do with TOY guns, they shoot at each other.

JEEZ! this kid is so screwed, he needs a good lawyer and fast!!

VApatriot

imported post

TodayI justhappenedto be looking up laws for things like this in Virginia. There should be no possible way that these charges will stand. The report cited the Iowa Code that classified a gun as something that expels a projectile by use of an explosive substance.Theair-soft guns being used ether hadcompressed CO2 or were spring loaded.

And, THEY WERE MADE OFCLEARPLASTIC. What kind of vindictive, anti-gun moron arrests someone for having what was clearly a legal toy?!:?:(:shock::X

Hope for the Airman's sakethere is some very swift justice in this case.