Thread: What OC gets you in Ohio

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=4049

I found a link to this from PDO so most of you will probably see it there as well, since I think most of you read there as well.

I don't know how to take thestory of someone I don't know who is dumb enough to make a public post about this kind of thing before gettinga lawyer. I understand he wants real bad to talk about a traumatic experience, but it has potential to be much worse of an experience if he does not get good legal council.

What is even worse, is that no one in the forum told him that. They are all egging him on. With friends like that, ....

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

all due respect to law enforcement, but im starting to think that we need to seriously start disarming some of these local yokel idiot cops. With the very high profile 'accidental' shootings of civilians by law enforcement, it's sheer idiocy to approach an unknown with a raid style force against someone who hasn't broken any law.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

In generalI am inclined to agree that way too much force is used by LEOs these days. There is entirely too much emphasis on having absolute control of the situation. And once they realize they have made a mistake they are almost always unwilling to just admit to it and take their lumps for the mistake.

Where in the constitution or the laws of any state is this kind of action authorized? LEOs should be held to a higher standard of conduct than normal citizens, not a much lower one.

Of course, being as it is just one side of the story...

The men in blue have a difficult job, but it is not substantially more difficult than many other jobs, and actually far safer than many jobs.

I have to believe that the random and regular application of force used by many police agencies these days is eventually going to come back to haunt them. Voters will only tolerate it for so long, at least one hopes that is the case. Once voters have had enough, they will take it out on their politicians who are the only ones who can change the situation.

Post imported post

I am thinking the same thing. Once the cops make a 'to do' about a situation then later discover there was 'nothing' going on, they feel like they need to arrest someone even when the facts dictate otherwise. I believe it happened in this case and the young guys playing with a toy gun.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

ilbob wrote:
    http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=4049

I found a link to this from PDO so most of you will probably see it there as well, since I think most of you read there as well.

I don't know how to take thestory of someone I don't know who is dumb enough to make a public post about this kind of thing before gettinga lawyer. I understand he wants real bad to talk about a traumatic experience, but it has potential to be much worse of an experience if he does not get good legal council.

What is even worse, is that no one in the forum told him that. They are all egging him on. With friends like that, ....
    No one told him not to post?

There's probably 100 posts there saying just that. If you can pick them out of the personal attacks/etc.

Post imported post

ilbob wrote:
    In generalI am inclined to agree that way too much force is used by LEOs these days. There is entirely too much emphasis on having absolute control of the situation. And once they realize they have made a mistake they are almost always unwilling to just admit to it and take their lumps for the mistake.

Where in the constitution or the laws of any state is this kind of action authorized? LEOs should be held to a higher standard of conduct than normal citizens, not a much lower one.

Of course, being as it is just one side of the story...

The men in blue have a difficult job, but it is not substantially more difficult than many other jobs, and actually far safer than many jobs.

I have to believe that the random and regular application of force used by many police agencies these days is eventually going to come back to haunt them. Voters will only tolerate it for so long, at least one hopes that is the case. Once voters have had enough, they will take it out on their politicians who are the only ones who can change the situation.
    Please see the other thread on this story, for the other side of it, and the (local law) legal code, spelling it out.

Post imported post

the dashboard video from this encounter was shown on Hot Pursuit on CourtTV over the weekend. i was appalled when i saw the video, and even more appalled by the narrarator of the show taking the side of the cops. the narrarator went so far as to say that this guy was "waving his gun around at a gas station". totally ridiculous. i guess i shouldn't be surprised getting a liberal slant from a show on CourtTV...

Post imported post

That is why I do NOT watch T.V. (STUPID TUBE)

Post imported post

Does anyone know whatever happened to Mr. Sayers in court?

BB62

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:
    Does anyone know whatever happened to Mr. Sayers in court?

BB62
    I do not believe there has been any court action as of yet.

Ken

Post imported post

That's really odd - I thought that his right to a "speedy trial" would have required it by now...?

BB62

Post imported post

What Is PDO

State Researcher

Post imported post

ICE-MAN wrote:
    What Is PDO
    Packing dot org most likely.

LoveMyCountry