Thread: Uneventful open carry in Winston-Salem

Post imported post

Last night I openly carried in a WalMart and PetSmart in Winston-Salem. WalMart was extremely crowded.

I encountered no questions or complaints whatsoever.

Post imported post

Cool! I have open carried a little in Raleigh, Winston-Salem and Greensboro.

No problems yet, but I don't go there as much anymore as I once did.

Post imported post

Nice.

I live near Asheville and rarely see open carry

Post imported post

I got pulled over by a police officer while I was towing a U-Haul behind my car at night. The police officer had noticed that the door on the U-Haul had opened up as I failed to securely lock it. I was openly carrying and the officer made the comment that I had a "nice firearm".

No arrest or negative comments. Just a helpful officer who saved my possessions from getting scattered on the roadway.

Post imported post

Geez, I wish Michigan was a bit more accepting of Open carry. If I did that here, I'd likely find my self hands on the car, getting patted down, then waiting for backup so they could search my car too.

Oh well.

Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Cool I open carried in (winston-salem) walmart today (first time OC)

Earlier today i was planning to go to PRO shots in rural hall so i geared up and open carried my ruger p94 in walmart. i encounter alot of NOSY FOLKS that 1 glance is not enough but they even follow me up the Sporting Goods. theres was quite a shopper in walmart today.. couple of mexican family even say it out loud.. " HE HAS A GUN " i feel like i was violating something lol but i know its my rights and i guess to let more FOLKS know that in the behalf of other people that open carries i will be AN EXAMPLE of a Responsible open carrier.. i do think that being well groomed and well dressed makes ALOT of difference when it come to PUBLIC opinion and reaction on them.. GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!! keep safe..

Quote Originally Posted by 44Brent View Post
    I got pulled over by a police officer while I was towing a U-Haul behind my car at night. The police officer had noticed that the door on the U-Haul had opened up as I failed to securely lock it. I was openly carrying and the officer made the comment that I had a "nice firearm".

No arrest or negative comments. Just a helpful officer who saved my possessions from getting scattered on the roadway.
    That is great! cudos to that officer. To all the officers, this is all we ask from you, thanks for being professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Nice.

I live near Asheville and rarely see open carry
    I live in Hendersonville and have gone to Asheville a ton. With the exception of armed security guards, LEO's, and armored truck workers I have NEVER seen anyone open carry.