• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Uneventful open carry in Winston-Salem

44Brent

imported post

Last night I openly carried in a WalMart and PetSmart in Winston-Salem. WalMart was extremely crowded.

I encountered no questions or complaints whatsoever.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Cool! I have open carried a little in Raleigh, Winston-Salem and Greensboro.

No problems yet, but I don't go there as much anymore as I once did.

Ray

imported post

Nice.

I live near Asheville and rarely see open carry

44Brent

imported post

I got pulled over by a police officer while I was towing a U-Haul behind my car at night. The police officer had noticed that the door on the U-Haul had opened up as I failed to securely lock it. I was openly carrying and the officer made the comment that I had a "nice firearm".

No arrest or negative comments. Just a helpful officer who saved my possessions from getting scattered on the roadway.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Geez, I wish Michigan was a bit more accepting of Open carry. If I did that here, I'd likely find my self hands on the car, getting patted down, then waiting for backup so they could search my car too.

Oh well.

farrell2210

I open carried in (winston-salem) walmart today (first time OC)

Earlier today i was planning to go to PRO shots in rural hall so i geared up and open carried my ruger p94 in walmart. i encounter alot of NOSY FOLKS that 1 glance is not enough but they even follow me up the Sporting Goods. theres was quite a shopper in walmart today.. couple of mexican family even say it out loud.. " HE HAS A GUN " i feel like i was violating something lol but i know its my rights and i guess to let more FOLKS know that in the behalf of other people that open carries i will be AN EXAMPLE of a Responsible open carrier.. i do think that being well groomed and well dressed makes ALOT of difference when it come to PUBLIC opinion and reaction on them.. GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!! keep safe..

nobama

I got pulled over by a police officer while I was towing a U-Haul behind my car at night. The police officer had noticed that the door on the U-Haul had opened up as I failed to securely lock it. I was openly carrying and the officer made the comment that I had a "nice firearm".

No arrest or negative comments. Just a helpful officer who saved my possessions from getting scattered on the roadway.

That is great! cudos to that officer. To all the officers, this is all we ask from you, thanks for being professional.