• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.Org Apparel Art Contest Responses

Lew

imported post

And here I was extemely impressed with your graphic design skills. I do like this template though.

GlockMan

imported post

I like longwatch's idea. That's cool.

For my submission, lacking of graphics, I always thought it would be cool to have shirt that said:

Open Carry -- because people shouldn't be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of the people.

It's not my quote, and I don't know who originated it so I can't give proper credit. I've heard it from many sources.

panic215

imported post

I like the original post from Mr. Pierce. It's simple and proffessional looking. As mentioned in several other post, when OC'ing, it helps to maintain your appearance and exhibit a professional attitude. I think shirts with messages along the lines of "Bad Guy beware" may give the anti's / uninformed the impression the OC'ers are a bunch of hald-cocked vigilantes. This is my 2 cents guys. I'll support it, whatever the concensus. This post is not to offend anyone or degrade the excellent work that you have contributed.

Cheers,

Jason

cs9c1

imported post

panic215 wrote:
I like the original post from Mr. Pierce. It's simple and proffessional looking. As mentioned in several other post, when OC'ing, it helps to maintain your appearance and exhibit a professional attitude. I think shirts with messages along the lines of "Bad Guy beware" may give the anti's / uninformed the impression the OC'ers are a bunch of hald-cocked vigilantes. This is my 2 cents guys. I'll support it, whatever the concensus. This post is not to offend anyone or degrade the excellent work that you have contributed.

Cheers,

Jason

I can see where you are coming from, and agree about how "anti's" could react. I believe most of us were just having fun with some ides. I do plan on putting a warning label similar to the home security stickers on my home windows.

One thing I would like to possibly see on a shirt is something along the lines of: "Rights not exercised, are rights lost."

panic215

imported post

cs9c1, I think your quote would be fitting for the apparel. As far as the windows on your house, I totally agree. That is your domain, I would have it done in NEON if I could afford it.

Jason

chuck500cc

imported post

Have you ever seen one the the t-shirts that have the fake lady in the bikini on the front and back? I wonder if you could make one where it looks like you have a gun on your hip with a large PDO logo on the back and logo like you see on the normal gun t-shirts you see at the shows?:lol:You could make it left or right side strong.:lol:Just a thought. BTW I like the golf shirt idea also.

Chuck XD Fan

cREbralFIX

imported post

I'd like to see a polo-type shirt that is straight cut. The front and the back of the bottom should be the same length. This facilitates concealed carry.

I'm thinking of a very simple logo. It consists of a holstered pistol -- perhaps the outline of a 1911 or Hi-Power in a slide holster. Both the 1911 and Hi-Power shapes are very distinctive. There should be no legal issues with either image.

Attachments

• opencarry_hp_finish.jpg
    opencarry_hp_finish.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 182

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Am curious to the apparel status.... Any updates?
The full, final apparel line should be available for sale by August 1st. Thanks to all for their help and for being patient!