• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

right to bear

panic215

imported post

In the CCW laws it states:

Concealed Handgun:

"...means a hangun, the presence of which is not openly discernable to the ordinary observation of a reasonable person."

I think the black pouch shown above would be just fine.

Cheers,

Jason

A

Arizonatexan

imported post

I don't see a thing wrong with this (longwatch's) option in Texas. It's not much different than a fanny pack and the fanny pack is a very common method of CC in Texas. My wife and I both just moved to AZ from Texas where we have CC for years. My wife always (and still does) carry a CC pursespecially made for the purpose. But when she doesn't want to mess with the purse she carries a CC fanny pack. It is specifically designed for CC and has rapid access and a secure holster inside. We came from the Texas Gulf Coast where in the summer its too hot and humid to wear a lot of clothes. Its pretty hard to CC with shorts or swim trunks, sandals and a light T-shirt. The fanny pack is perfect. You can stick other stuff in it too - keys, cigs, an extra mag. etc. If anyone is interested I can post a pic.

Now in Arizona - its not a problem any longer for men or women.Open carry is the way to go.

Arizona-Texan

tattedupboy

imported post

ilbob wrote:
What the statute says is:
A license holder commits an offense if the license holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
I guess by that they meant any act where you intentionally fail to conceal the fact that you are carrying ahandgun is an offense. Carrying it in a holster where the handgun itself is hidden from view would not conceal the fact that you are carrying a handgun.

OTOH, the fanny packdoes not obviously contain a handgun.

It appears to me that a defense against a charge that one failed to conceal the handgun would ultimately depend on what the law defines concealed to mean.

I am not sure that not being able to see the handgun itself necessarily means the handgun is concealed.

But, IANAL.
What about something like a pagerpal? Do any of you Texans have any experience carrying in one of these? Do LEOs consider that concealed?