• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SOLDIER FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST MICHAEL MOORE

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

FROM NRA NEWSLETTER
SOLDIER FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST MICHAEL MOORE
FOR UNAUTHORIZED AND FALSE PORTRAYAL IN "DOCUMENTARY"

We've come to expect many things from Michael Moore, the deliriously anti-gun millionaire posing as populist who brought us such absurd and irresponsible works as "Bowling for Columbine," "Stupid White Men," "Dude, Where's My Country?" and "Fahrenheit 9/11." We've come to expect patronizing arrogance, blatant anti-Americanism, and flagrant lies.

Well, now he's being called to account by Peter Damon, a double-amputee Iraq war veteran, who's suing the rotund "documentary" filmmaker for $85 million, alleging that Moore manipulated an old NBC "Nightly News" interview to make Damon appear anti-war, and anti-President Bush in "Fahrenheit 9/11."

"I just want everybody to know what kind of a guy Michael Moore is, and what kind of film this is," said Damon, who strongly supports the President and the war in Iraq, and never agreed to be in the movie.

Damon's lawsuit states, "The work creates a substantially fictionalized and falsified implication as a wounded serviceman who was left behind when Plaintiff was not left behind but supported, financially and emotionally, by the active assistance of the President, the United States and his family, friends, acquaintances and community."

"It's upsetting to him because he's lived his life supportive of his government, he's been a patriot, he's been a soldier, and he's now being portrayed in a movie that is the antithesis of all of that," Damon's lawyer, Dennis Lynch, said.
(why is this board not support standard code? when trying to do stuff like quotes and pics they dont work).

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

murphyslaw wrote:
why is this board not support standard code? when trying to do stuff like quotes and pics they dont work).

Everything you probably would want is up above the edit window.

I don't know why the authors of this particular software package did it the way they chose. You could always email them and ask them.

VAopencarry

imported post

(why is this board not support standard code? when trying to do stuff like quotes and pics they dont work).

I don't know what you mean by 'standard' code but it uses the code most forums, that I have been on, use. Scroll down the page to find the codes that you are looking for.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/help.php

oclogo.jpg