Thread: Received thumbs up on carry in Winston-Salem

Post imported post

I was carrying at a Jiffy Lube, and was approached by another customer who admired my Springfield Armory 1911. He was ex-military and gave me a thumbs up for exercising my constitutional rights.

Post imported post

Love to hear encounters like that one.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I OC'd at a Jiffy Lube here in the Richmond, VA area a few days ago, and the guy that took care of my car asked what kind of pistol I was carrying. I told him that it was a SIG P229. He said that he was looking to get a pistol in the next few months when he turns 21, and then get his CC permit, and then asked my opinion on a few other brands. There were a few other employees standing around listening, and I took the opportunity to educate them all on VA firearms laws. After the car was done they gave me a $15 discount on my bill as well.

A lot of the folks Jiffy Lube hires are teenagers or in their early 20's. I have always been treated respectfully there whether it was obvious that I was carrying or not. Never had a problem (with the exception of them forgetting to tighten the oil filter once).