• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anything from Kitsap County?

eBratt

imported post

I will be moving to Kitsap County this August from Utah. Having been in Utah, I have become very accustomed to open carrying frequently and am not too fond of the idea of losing that right to do.

So, I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences up in Kitsap County or knows anything about the open carry waters up there.

And while I am asking, how about OC on public transportation (buses, ferries, etc).

-Ethan

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Welcome. As a public transit user myself I have to be keenly aware of the issues involving carry on a bus. Under state law, you must have a Washington State CPL or a legally recognized permit under RCW 9.41.073 to be able to carry a loaded pistol in ANY vehicle, that includes public transit buses and light rail trains, and I presume the ferry boats too.

Though I have had contact with Pierce Transit, Everett Transit, Community Transit, and Sound Transit on the issue, I have not had contact with Kitsap Transit thus far on this issue. Nor have I had contact with the Bremerton and Kitsap authorities.

Kitsap Transit Code of Conduct

They follow state law. That does not mean neccesarily that a driver will not know these rules, or think that open carry is flat out illegal (I won't even get into the discussion over RCW 9.41.270 right now).