• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Experiences

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

6/6/06 OCed at the Oriental Gourmet in Arlington. Afterwards walked down the street to the Hollywood Video. I think one of the customers was giving me a dirty look but no problems. Had a couple of Mormon missionarys stop me on the way back to my car, politely declined to hear about Mormonism and went home. No problems.

darrel_h

imported post

just to let you know, you might want to be careful oc'ing in 7-11 or crown gas stations as they are both on several gun owner unfriendly websites, including vcdl. i don't believe i've ever seen it posted on the door to either of them, so i don't think they could really do much about it except ask you to leave, but i figured i would let you know. it's probably one of those where if the manager's there and he doesn't like it then he'll say something, otherwise nothing would be said.

longwatch

imported post

I appreciate the warning, I was vaguely aware that 7-11 wasn't gun owner friendly but since they don't post I can't say I know what their corporate policy is. I was under the impression that they didn't want their employees armed more than anything else. Anyhow I haven't had any problems yet but getting kicked out doesn't bother me. I have a feeling I could make it embarassing for them if they do. I know Mike Stollenwerk and Philip Van Cleave after all.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have OC'd numerous times at 7-11 (Yorktown area) with no comments at all. I'm pretty sure the clerk(s) saw me, though I don't know who the manager is. I've never seen any posting.

longwatch

imported post

7/6/06 Open carried at Metro 29 Diner and later at an Exxon on Rt 29. No problems.

longwatch

imported post

07/13/06 OC'd a the Oriental Gourmet in Arlington, really good service for some reason, more so than usual, but no problems at all.
07/14/06 OC'd at the Metro 29 Diner in Arlington no problems.