• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Police encounter in NH

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

Well i watched it twice and still not sure what the conditions were for the police and the ambulance to be there talking to that guy. did he shoot a criminal or something he stated that the who ever people that come up here will think twice about commiting crimes. the sound sucks and most of what they said sounded foreign. do we know the background to this video?

VApatriot

imported post

If you look to the side of the video, it said that some tourists from, get ready for this, Massachusetts had called in "a man with a gun." As for the foreign language, it said that both the citizen and the cop happened to originally be from the same country.

VApatriot

imported post

If you look to the side of the video, it said that some tourists from, get ready for this, Massachusetts had called in "a man with a gun." As for the foreign language, it said that both the citizen and the cop happened to originally be from the same country.

hirundo82

imported post

I think that Massachusetts being right across the border would be one of the few bad things about living in New Hampshire--otherwise, Vermont to the west (need I say more?), and Maine to the east (which seems to be a perfectly reasonable state as well). Why do Massachusetts residents expect to come to one of the freest states in the nation and impose their view on everyone, and call 911 for perfectly legal, peaceable activities?

Other than that, a well handled situation. Two thumbs up for all involved.

I too would love to know why an ambulance was there though. Perhaps it was dispatched as a possible hostage situation? Strange.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VAPatriot - Nice Flag! Fly one myself, compatriot. I tend the wreaths for the statue "Appomattox" in Alexandria. - Deo Vindice

VAopencarry

imported post

What do we need to do to stop police from detaining people for lawful carry? I don't know much about the legal aspect of these things. How it is legal for a cop to stop and run a check on someone that was NOT doing anything illegal, not looking suspicious, not loitering, not nothing!!. I don't get it.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Well we could open carry so much that they get tired of responding to man with a gun calls that turn out to be nothing.

VAopencarry

imported post

I guess that's one way....... In this NH case nobody called, the cop saw him and stopped him. I don't see by what legal authority he had to do that.

ProguninTN

imported post

hirundo82 wrote:
I think that Massachusetts being right across the border would be one of the few bad things about living in New Hampshire--otherwise, Vermont to the west (need I say more?), and Maine to the east (which seems to be a perfectly reasonable state as well). Why do Massachusetts residents expect to come to one of the freest states in the nation and impose their view on everyone, and call 911 for perfectly legal, peaceable activities?

Other than that, a well handled situation. Two thumbs up for all involved.

I too would love to know why an ambulance was there though. Perhaps it was dispatched as a possible hostage situation? Strange.
MA residents moving to NH and bringing their anti-gun views with them is the same as all the anti-northerners who move to FL and do the same thing.

TrueBrit

imported post

Longwatch has the answer!The more folks open carry, the more the cops will get tired of responding!

A despatcher, when taking a "man with a gun" call, need surely ask only two questions:

Is the guy behaving normally?

Is the gun holstered, and not being waved around?

This, I realise, is a simplistic viewpoint,and the cops will say that they have to check these calls out. Nonetheless, the more open carry that folks see,it will hopefully become less of an issue.

TrueBrit.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TrueBrit, I agree and dispatcher training is an important issue. It will calm down the LEO response. Longwatch is a +1 on that observation. Kind of a dual answer to the situation with you both. I guess that each of us makes a contribution to the "cause", when we open carry. Know the laws and what I term "Your Rights". TrueBrit, your spelling is right in line with that of us Southrons! The original English.

DoubleR
"You can't Legislate Human Behavior"