• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man killed after trying to force his way into 2 houses, say police

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Looks like another guy broke er shot his way into the wrong house. Looks like self defense to me.
Winston-Salem Journal

[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Monday, June 5, 2006[/font] [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Man killed after trying to force his way into 2 houses, say police
[/font] [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Journal Staff Report[/font] [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]A man who tried to force his way into two houses on Friedland Church Road was shot dead this morning, a spokesman for the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office said today.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]The sheriff's office is investigating the shooting and did not release the names of anyone involved. Sheriff's officers were trying to obtain search warrants this afternoon.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Sheriff's Capt. Brad Stanley said a man tried to force his way into the front door of 2804 Friedland Church Road, where a woman who may have been his former girlfriend lives. The man shot off the locks of the front door with a shotgun and entered the house, he said.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Stanley said he was not sure whether the woman was alone in the house. A car and two trucks sat in the driveway outside the house yesterday afternoon.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]The woman ran to a house next door at 2808 Friedland Church Road, where a married couple lives, Stanley said. The man followed her and shot off the lock of a side door of the neighbor's house. A man inside the second house killed the attacker with a shotgun, Stanley said.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]Authorities have yet to say whether the shooting was in self-defense.[/font]
[font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]"The homeowner was fearful of what was going on and shot and killed him," Stanley said. The man who killed suffered a single gunshot wound to the chest.[/font]

TaosGlock

imported post

A guy shoots the lock off your door. I would have definately been in fear for my life. Especially since the neighborly good guy would have likely heard the sound of the first shot next door. Combined with the fact his panic stricken neighbor runs for protection to his house, and we likely have a justified shooting in self defense.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Im guessing that the sheriff just wants to make sure that this wasn't some weird plot. Anyhow considering the details coming from the Capt are so positive for the shooters I think there is little chance of charges.