Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Burger King

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mesilla/Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    74

    Post imported post

    The BK manager is very pro-gun and pro-open carry.

    My friend and I were carrying condition one 45s in open top holsters on our strong side. I usually carry a double mag pouch and flashlight on my weak hand side. We ordered our meal and sat near the back, right next to the Play Center as that was one of the few tables available. Seperated from us was the glass wall that divides the main dining area with the dining area in the Play Room. A couple with their kids was dining next to us but inside. She kept giving curious glances but did not seem bothered. By his glances at us, he seemed mildly annoyed and/or disgusted. We were dressed neat and typical for the season and for Taos's local culture. After awhile, they left. She smiled as I made polite eye contact as they had to exit by our table. He grabbed his kid and briskly walked out. When out the door, he looked back at us with a mildy annoyed look. The other BK patrons were unaware or did not seem to care about OC.

    This kind of represents my experience with OC attitudes by men and women. The women who have asked me seemed genuinely curious about open carry and are willing to engage in a polite conversation with an armed stranger. The men, not all though, seemed to be a bit more threatened or at least taken aback, especially the local hispanics who represent 60 percent of the population.

    Shortly after we finished our meal, we walked up front and said good bye to the manager and left.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burke/Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    998

    Post imported post

    I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

    Just a though. . . but what the heck do I know?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mesilla/Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    74

    Post imported post

    VApatriot wrote:
    I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

    Just a though. . . but what the heck do I know?
    A lot more than you give yourself credit for.
    I tend to agree with you.

  4. #4
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    VApatriot, You might be more accurate than you think. Check out this article written by a woman.

    http://www.gunowners.org/wv36.htm
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Northern Fauquier Co, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,297

    Post imported post

    Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.

  6. #6
    Administrator John Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bristol, VA
    Posts
    1,735

    Post imported post

    VApatriot wrote:
    I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

    Just a though. . . but what the heck do I know?
    That meshes up with an experience I had about a year ago in Allentown PA (I do a lot of business in Allentown and am there monthly).

    I was open carrying at a chinese buffet with my family (2 kids & a baby). While I am standing in line to pay before leaving, a man approached me and asked in a confrontational way if I was a LEO.

    When I told him no, he became beligerent and said that the gun made him feel "helpless".

    I was non-confrontatinal back and left once I had paid. He was shrill and insistent enough that the manager actually asked if I wanted him to ask the other man to leave, but I declined.

    But this guy was honest. He was angry because he was a sheep.


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mesilla/Las Cruces, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    74

    Post imported post

    VAopencarry wrote:
    VApatriot, You might be more accurate than you think. Check out this article written by a woman.

    http://www.gunowners.org/wv36.htm
    Good article! Thanks for posting that!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    14

    Post imported post

    longwatch wrote:
    Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.
    My supervisor has a ccw and carries everywhere; However, when I mentioned oc, he said that he believes anyone who oc's is just trying to be noticed and has an aggressive attitude (looking for trouble). He said it makes him very uneasy when he sees someone carrying a gun. Since he is pro gun, I think he's just afraid of that becoming his attitude and therefore doesn't like oc.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    Raptor wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.
    My supervisor has a ccw and carries everywhere; However, when I mentioned oc, he said that he believes anyone who oc's is just trying to be noticed and has an aggressive attitude (looking for trouble). He said it makes him very uneasy when he sees someone carrying a gun. Since he is pro gun, I think he's just afraid of that becoming his attitude and therefore doesn't like oc.
    I hear that sometimes. (People who are pro 2A, but not pro-open carry.) To me, that is notcompletely supporting "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms." We should be able to bear arms in any way we see fit. This could include open carry, concealed carry, or even long guns on a sling.

    ProguninTN

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    190

    Post imported post

    ProguninTN wrote:

    I hear that sometimes. (People who are pro 2A, but not pro-open carry. To me, that is notcompletely supporting "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms." We should be able to bear arms in any way we see fit. This could include open carry, concealed carry, or even long guns on a sling.

    ProguninTN
    Especially considering the first carry in our States was exactly that, rifles on a sling. Open carry came first, then concealed. Let's return to our roots.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    914

    Post imported post

    Raptor wrote:
    longwatch wrote:
    Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.
    My supervisor has a ccw and carries everywhere; However, when I mentioned oc, he said that he believes anyone who oc's is just trying to be noticed and has an aggressive attitude (looking for trouble). He said it makes him very uneasy when he sees someone carrying a gun. Since he is pro gun, I think he's just afraid of that becoming his attitude and therefore doesn't like oc.
    Sounds to me like he's a coward who would be more likely to run than defend innocent people. He's not a warrior, hes a sheep in wolves clothing.

  12. #12
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ocean Shores, WA
    Posts
    593

    Post imported post

    jpierce wrote:
    That meshes up with an experience I had about a year ago in Allentown PA (I do a lot of business in Allentown and am there monthly).

    I was open carrying at a chinese buffet with my family (2 kids & a baby). While I am standing in line to pay before leaving, a man approached me and asked in a confrontational way if I was a LEO.

    When I told him no, he became beligerent and said that the gun made him feel "helpless".
    My first thought was to say "Yep, guess you are." However, I'm nice so I would have kept that to myself.

    I do wonder if gets the same way in the locker room?

    LoveMyCountry

  13. #13
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    , Alabama, USA
    Posts
    935

    Post imported post

    LoveMyCountry wrote:
    jpierce wrote:
    That meshes up with an experience I had about a year ago in Allentown PA (I do a lot of business in Allentown and am there monthly).

    I was open carrying at a chinese buffet with my family (2 kids & a baby). While I am standing in line to pay before leaving, a man approached me and asked in a confrontational way if I was a LEO.

    When I told him no, he became beligerent and said that the gun made him feel "helpless".
    My first thought was to say "Yep, guess you are." However, I'm nice so I would have kept that to myself.

    I do wonder if gets the same way in the locker room?

    LoveMyCountry
    I might have said something like "You sure seem to be....but don't worry, I'm a decent guy, I've got your back as long as I'm here".....smiling the entire time of course.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alamogordo, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    64

    Post imported post

    VApatriot wrote:
    I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

    Just a though. . . but what the heck do I know?
    You never know they maybe carrying concealed. I take the attitude that everyone and anyone could be concealing. The reason they are not open carrying might not be that you think they are not man enough to protect their families etc... I personally think as soon as you say "man enough" or something foolish like this that there really isn't much to a conversation, but, there were several women in my class for CC and they are more aggressive then a lot of men. But Perhaps they are concealing because when ever you approach a conflict and you are open carrying, the argument is between you, the other guy and your open gun. Just because you do not see a handgun doesn't mean that they are not carrying legally or illegally.

    Funny thing, I recently discovered that at nearly any given time at my church there are 12 to 25 people conceal carrying. Legally or illegally and it is not a unique situation!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •