• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Burger King

TaosGlock

imported post

The BK manager is very pro-gun and pro-open carry.

My friend and I were carrying condition one 45s in open top holsters on our strong side. I usually carry a double mag pouch and flashlight on my weak hand side. We ordered our meal and sat near the back, right next to the Play Center as that was one of the few tables available. Seperated from us was the glass wall that divides the main dining area with the dining area in the Play Room. A couple with their kids was dining next to us but inside. She kept giving curious glances but did not seem bothered. By his glances at us, he seemed mildly annoyed and/or disgusted. We were dressed neat and typical for the season and for Taos's local culture. After awhile, they left. She smiled as I made polite eye contact as they had to exit by our table. He grabbed his kid and briskly walked out. When out the door, he looked back at us with a mildy annoyed look. The other BK patrons were unaware or did not seem to care about OC.

This kind of represents my experience with OC attitudes by men and women. The women who have asked me seemed genuinely curious about open carry and are willing to engage in a polite conversation with an armed stranger. The men, not all though, seemed to be a bit more threatened or at least taken aback, especially the local hispanics who represent 60 percent of the population.

Shortly after we finished our meal, we walked up front and said good bye to the manager and left.

VApatriot

imported post

I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

Just a though. . . but what the heck do I know?

TaosGlock

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I am certainly no psychologist, but I would say that these men do notfeel manly enough. You open carrying makes them realize that they are not good enoughmen because they have not taken anyactions to properly protect their families or themselves.

A lot more than you give yourself credit for.:)
I tend to agree with you.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

VApatriot wrote:

That meshes up with an experience I had about a year ago in Allentown PA (I do a lot of business in Allentown and am there monthly).

I was open carrying at a chinese buffet with my family (2 kids & a baby). While I am standing in line to pay before leaving, a man approached me and asked in a confrontational way if I was a LEO.

When I told him no, he became beligerent and said that the gun made him feel "helpless".

I was non-confrontatinal back and left once I had paid. He was shrill and insistent enough that the manager actually asked if I wanted him to ask the other man to leave, but I declined.

But this guy was honest. He was angry because he was a sheep.

Raptor

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Since we are playing armchair headshrinker it does seem like a lot of pro gun people who are against OC make a lot of excuses not to OC themselves.
My supervisor has a ccw and carries everywhere; However, when I mentioned oc, he said that he believes anyone who oc's is just trying to be noticed and has an aggressive attitude (looking for trouble). He said it makes him very uneasy when he sees someone carrying a gun. Since he is pro gun, I think he's just afraid of that becoming his attitude and therefore doesn't like oc.

ProguninTN

imported post

Raptor wrote:
longwatch wrote:
My supervisor has a ccw and carries everywhere; However, when I mentioned oc, he said that he believes anyone who oc's is just trying to be noticed and has an aggressive attitude (looking for trouble). He said it makes him very uneasy when he sees someone carrying a gun. Since he is pro gun, I think he's just afraid of that becoming his attitude and therefore doesn't like oc.

I hear that sometimes. (People who are pro 2A, but not pro-open carry.) To me, that is notcompletely supporting "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms." We should be able to bear arms in any way we see fit. This could include open carry, concealed carry, or even long guns on a sling.

ProguninTN

JSK333

imported post

ProguninTN wrote:
I hear that sometimes. (People who are pro 2A, but not pro-open carry. To me, that is notcompletely supporting "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms." We should be able to bear arms in any way we see fit. This could include open carry, concealed carry, or even long guns on a sling.

ProguninTN
Especially considering the first carry in our States was exactly that, rifles on a sling. Open carry came first, then concealed. Let's return to our roots. :)

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

Raptor wrote:
longwatch wrote:
Sounds to me like he's a coward who would be more likely to run than defend innocent people. He's not a warrior, hes a sheep in wolves clothing.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

jpierce wrote:
That meshes up with an experience I had about a year ago in Allentown PA (I do a lot of business in Allentown and am there monthly).

I was open carrying at a chinese buffet with my family (2 kids & a baby). While I am standing in line to pay before leaving, a man approached me and asked in a confrontational way if I was a LEO.

When I told him no, he became beligerent and said that the gun made him feel "helpless".
My first thought was to say "Yep, guess you are." :cool: However, I'm nice so I would have kept that to myself. :D

I do wonder if gets the same way in the locker room? :uhoh:

LoveMyCountry

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
jpierce wrote:

My first thought was to say "Yep, guess you are." :cool: However, I'm nice so I would have kept that to myself. :D

I do wonder if gets the same way in the locker room? :uhoh:

LoveMyCountry
I might have said something like "You sure seem to be....but don't worry, I'm a decent guy, I've got your back as long as I'm here".....smiling the entire time of course.

SickTag

imported post

VApatriot wrote:

You never know they maybe carrying concealed. I take the attitude that everyone and anyone could be concealing. The reason they are not open carrying might not be that you think they are not man enough to protect their families etc... I personally think as soon as you say "man enough" or something foolish like this that there really isn't much to a conversation, but, there were several women in my class for CC and they are more aggressive then a lot of men. But Perhaps they are concealing because when ever you approach a conflict and you are open carrying, the argument is between you, the other guy and your open gun. Just because you do not see a handgun doesn't mean that they are not carrying legally or illegally.

Funny thing, I recently discovered that at nearly any given time at my church there are 12 to 25 people conceal carrying. Legally or illegally and it is not a unique situation!