• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Permit

VAspringer

imported post

Just an FYI that most of you may already be aware of. I received my Non-Resident New Hampshire "Permit" yesterday (June 7th) 13 DAYS after mailing application from Northern Virginia. :D

It was a simple one page application form. I have a Va. "Permit," but the non-resident NH "permit" was a quick way to get a few of the key States that I needed as I travel on business and pleasure. I highly recommend the NH permit to any of you wanting to geographicallyextend yourability to legally carry concealed.

You can download all necessary forms and information from packing.org.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, VA. I've thought about doing something like that, not that I travel too far. I did find it interesting that in PA always apply to the sheriff in, I think, Centre County. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up!

VAspringer

imported post

Check out NH .....It gives you Pa., Georgia, Alabama etc.....NH still the easiest one to get that I have found. BTW need a resident permit from Virginia to get the non resident NH

DeerForce1

imported post

I sent in for my N.H. & also Pa. permits & had both of the back in 7 days from mail box to mail box.

For Pa. send the application to the Centre county Sherriff. The permit will come back about 3"x5" with your picture taped to it. It's not very durable or made to be carried. Take the permit to 1 of the copy stores & have them copy it in color to a credit card size & have it laminated. I double laminated mine & i also had them laminate the original. I called the sherriffs office & was told this was OK to do & it would be recognized as legal......................................................................DF1