• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three Teens With Guns Arrested On Metro - (District of Crime)

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I just sent News 9 the following email - y'all might want to chime in on the comments page of that story:

Please correct your story on gun carry in the Metro. On the VA side, citizen gun carry is completely legal:

1. Concealed carry is legal if over 21 and possessing a concealed handgun permit issued by VA (shall issue state) , or issued by one of the many states whose carry permits are accepted by VA.

2. Open carry is legal if the person is over 18 years of age and not a prohibited person under VA or federal law.

On the MD side, gun carry presumably legal if the person holds a MD gun carry permit (MD is a"may issue" state).

If you need video of a person open carrying on the VA side on metro train, let me know.

Mike Stollenwerk
[url]http://www.OpenCarry.org[/url]

possumboy

imported post

I OC'ed on the Metro today.

Traveled from Springfield to Pentagon City. I ate lunch there and dropped a few things off. Got back on the train and rode home.

I was wearing my suit with jacket. The jacket was offmost of the time.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

ProguninTN wrote:
DoubleR wrote:
"Why would someone carry a gun?". Well, because of the worthless pieces of *$#@ that were just arrested before thay did an assault, you dummy.
DoubleR
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but isn't it amazing how the seat of our government dishonors the Second Amendment to our Constitution ? BTW, While we are confessing, I have carried a knife on the Metro. (This would be illegal in DC.)
I have carried a concealed folding utility knife on me since I was 17 in school and anywhere else. I always figured since I cant afford or obtain a handgun or otherwise yet, this will have to do.

Thors_Mitersaw

imported post

Vincent wrote:
novaccw wrote:
If I were a less civil person (or a liberal)... I would tell you exactly "what D.C. is." But, as it were, I am trying to clean up my language. So let us just say that the district is the bane of my existence, it is the anti-novaccw. D.C. is a large open meadow filled with grazing sheep, going through life with stupid, placid looks on their faces...completely oblivious to the wolves lurking around them. Even having a shepherd on each corner does no good. I work in D.C., but I spend no more time there than is absolutely neccessary. I loathe this city. Glad to start everyone's week with a positive thought!!!
I also work in the District of Confusion and those are my feelings exactly. I have a big problem w/ the MPD. First of all most of them are rude and arrogant. Secondly, you have the Metro police for the trains and stations,the uniformed Secret Service for the Embassies, The National Park service for the parks, the Capitol police for the Capitol grounds, Postal police for the P.O., and various other agency police officers patroling their agencies.The MPD refuses to direct traffic, they rarely write parking tickets, speeding and red light cameras are everywhere so they hardly have to enforce the traffic laws. My question is JUST WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DO?
:cuss:
What do they do exactly?: Harass long haired bearded metal heads who are obviously up to no good waiting for a train reading the Metro paper. Or stop and question with no reason a guy carrying a bag full of boxing equipment wearing a captain america shirt. (both me)

Aside from that though they do nothing but stand around and pretend to look important or talk to the janitor about "...bitchI tapped last night". No lie. That was an experience from this morning. How professional. I feel safe thats for sure.

I suppose its not as bad as just after the damn London subway bombings... they were carrying subs and greandes. THAT REALLY made ME feel safe. I am sorry but I would trust ANYONE else with a gun more than police. I find the logic of trusting a goon of the state moe than your nieghbors faulty and backwards to the founding principles of this nation. Especially when those same goons support and enforce laws to keep themselves armed and you unarmed or themselves armed better than you are.

That and play the staring game.

I am sure you have had to play this with the cops a few times. You notice him and look over, he loks at you with arrogance and an aura of superiority associated with his elevated sense of authority and self worth for wearing blue pants that make him look like a MC hammer rip off, and he stares at you with intent to make you look away as though this is a scene form "Pete and Pete". Staring contests... wonderful use of his time.