• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three Teens With Guns Arrested On Metro - (District of Crime)

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's the link...
http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=50057

Here's the News...
"Three teenagers have been arrested by Metro police for carrying handguns into the transit system.

Metro says that just before noon today, a passenger at the Green Line's Waterfront station reported overhearing three teenagers bragging about having guns while on the platform.

Metro police later stopped a train at the Anacosita station and located the three teenagers who matched the caller's description. Two of them were arrested on the scene, while a third fled and was arrested a short time later.

The two 16-year-olds and one 17-year-old, all residents of the District, have been charged with carrying a pistol without a license and carrying ammunition.

Metro is still investigating the incident."

Now, is anyone surprised? I saw this on the TV, tonite. Total shock among the Metro riders. Many interviews of the Sheeple. Someone actually said that "knowing that a fellow rider had a gun was "frightening" (I think the comment was from a male). Others said, at the suggestion of the interviewer, "Why would someone carry a gun?". Well, because of the worthless pieces of *$#@ that were just arrested before thay did an assault, you dummy.
DoubleR
ps. I just found the font"color" changer! DUH! It is CRS!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm looking to find just what the regs are as to "Legal" carry of a firearm on Metro. Now, thismay depend on Maryland and Virginia's juristictional gun regs. DC's a no, no - period. I wouldn't even trust "Peaceable Journey" in that Rat Hole. Not far from NJ/NY, in that regard.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I THOUGHT (this being the operative word) that legal carry on the Virginia side was ok. I seem to remember there being a discussion of this on PDO several years ago.

Anyway, if it is not legal to carry on the Virginia side, then I have been a bad boy :D

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Sure. But let's make absolutely certain before we do so :D

ProguninTN

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
"Why would someone carry a gun?". Well, because of the worthless pieces of *$#@ that were just arrested before thay did an assault, you dummy.
DoubleR
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but isn't it amazing how the seat of our government dishonors the Second Amendment to our Constitution ? BTW, While we are confessing, I have carried a knife on the Metro. (This would be illegal in DC.)

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi, ProguninTN. Glad to meet you. This is a nice and civil forum, thanks to John. Basically, with the knife item - 40 lashes with whatever is the cuisine nuvoue (sp) of the day, on you :D. I still haven't found any prohibitionon Metro- it may be like Virginia, where it is not expressly denied. Many of us, that are not of the legal profession, look for a "what is legal" as opposed to "what is not legal". If it is not denied, then it may be OK. We do have to practice due diligence. I will admit, even though this is an Open Carry forum, that I would carry concealed on the Metro. After I carried this past weekend in my regular Giant, I do feel more confident. Thanks to all of you and especially "VApartiot" and "novaccw" for my confidence boost.

DoubleR
"You Can't Legislate Human Behavior"

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProguninTN wrote:

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but isn't it amazing how the seat of our government dishonors the Second Amendment to our Constitution ? BTW, While we are confessing, I have carried a knife on the Metro. (This would be illegal in DC.)
Does the National Reciprocity bill cover DC as well?

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good question on the Reciprocity Bill and DC. They're not a state, I'm not sure what they are :shock:under the law. We'll see how this plays out.

novaccw

imported post

If I were a less civil person (or a liberal)... I would tell you exactly "what D.C. is." But, as it were, I am trying to clean up my language. So let us just say that the district is the bane of my existence, it is the anti-novaccw. D.C. is a large open meadow filled with grazing sheep, going through life with stupid, placid looks on their faces...completely oblivious to the wolves lurking around them. Even having a shepherd on each corner does no good. I work in D.C., but I spend no more time there than is absolutely neccessary. I loathe this city. Glad to start everyone's week with a positive thought!!!

VApatriot

imported post

ilbob wrote:
ProguninTN wrote:

Does the National Reciprocity bill cover DC as well?
Up until a few days ago I would have said no right away, but after this story came out I am not sure.The bill only includes states (and maybe D.C.:?) that issue some kind of carry permit. My understanding of D.C. law was that no one except LEOs and Federals could have guns. However, the teens on the Metro were charged with carrying guns without a licence. Does this mean that D.C. does have some sort of extremely strict licencing process?

novaccw

imported post

Yes, D.C. does have a licensing process. Here is the policy as listed at PDO:

The Chief of Police of the District of Columbia may, upon the application of any person having a bona fide residence or place of business within the District of Columbia or of any person having a bona fide residence or place of business within the United States and a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by the lawful authorities of any State or subdivision of the United States, issue a license to such person to carry a pistol within the District of Columbia for not more than 1 year from date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to his or her person or property or has any other proper reason for carrying a pistol and that he or she is a suitable person to be so licensed. The license shall be in duplicate, in form to be prescribed by the Mayor of the District of Columbia and shall bear the name, address, description, photograph, and signature of the licensee and the reason given for desiring a license. The original thereof shall be delivered to the licensee, and the duplicate shall be retained by the Chief of Police of the District of Columbia and preserved in his or her office for 6 years.

I would like to know who has gotten this license over the years...probably politicians and police officers.

ProguninTN

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Hi, ProguninTN. Glad to meet you. This is a nice and civil forum, thanks to John. Basically, with the knife item - 40 lashes with whatever is the cuisine nuvoue (sp) of the day, on you :D. I still haven't found any prohibitionon Metro- it may be like Virginia, where it is not expressly denied. Many of us, that are not of the legal profession, look for a "what is legal" as opposed to "what is not legal". If it is not denied, then it may be OK. We do have to practice due diligence. I will admit, even though this is an Open Carry forum, that I would carry concealed on the Metro. After I carried this past weekend in my regular Giant, I do feel more confident. Thanks to all of you and especially "VApartiot" and "novaccw" for my confidence boost.

DoubleR
"You Can't Legislate Human Behavior"

DoubleR,

Thank You for the welcome. I accept my punishment. :)The prohibition may not be on Metro, but I did walk around D.C. for a few hours before going back across the Potomac into free VA. (I figured, If trouble happens, better to judged by 12 than carried by 6, right ? I was 20 , not old enough for a gun, so I took the knife.) I did conceal while in DC, but carried my knife openly while in VA. Normally, I would do what you said, (search for what is legal rather than illegal), but since I was dealing with the oppressive District, I was extra careful.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Metro's signs prohibit "dangerous items".

I've always figured my weapon isn't dangerous in my hands.

But I wouldn't dream of carrying openly on Metro. I conceal when I have to travel Metro (which I don't do very often - nothing like a group that penalizes its customers because of its fiscal inabilities). And I sometimes have to plan my trip so as to stay on the VA side.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Metro's signs prohibit "dangerous items".

I've always figured my weapon isn't dangerous in my hands.

But I wouldn't dream of carrying openly on Metro. I conceal when I have to travel Metro (which I don't do very often - nothing like a group that penalizes its customers because of its fiscal inabilities). And I sometimes have to plan my trip so as to stay on the VA side.

possumboy

imported post

Two points about this discussion...

1) Here is a recent PDO discussion:
http://www.packing.org/community/general/thread/?thread=15594
This has good info. Info that I keepon me when I'm on the VA portion of the metro only. Because if I'm on that only, I carry.

2) The National Reciprocity Bill will cover DC.

This is from "A response from Senator George Allen"

"A unique aspect of this legislation is that it will allow an individual with a valid State permit to carry a concealed firearm in the District of Columbia. Despite the District of Columbia’s ban on firearms, murders with guns continue to be a major problem plaguing our nation’s capital. Thousands of Virginians and Americans travel to Washington, D.C. each year and they have a right to feel safe and to defend themselves should they be assaulted. Other conceal carry reciprocity bills introduced in Congress do not allow this and maintain the status quo of restricting the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans. "

jimwyant

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
If it is legal on the Virginia side, we should arrangesome Metro rides for the nextOpen Carry day.;)

I agree with the idea of an open carry day on the Metro. The WMATA has admitted that within the Commonwealth, CC is legal, but advised against open carry (see PDO thread referenced above). If the sheeple who inhabit the District of Corruption start to regularly see people carrying guns, and acting quite normally while doing so, it may serve to dispel some of the paranoia that has enabled the gun ban in the district to survive as long as it has. I live in Richmond, and work in Raliegh/Durham, NC, but if given enough notice, I'd gladly participate in an OC on the Metro day - once a month if it were organized and my work schedule allowed.

Vincent

imported post

novaccw wrote:
If I were a less civil person (or a liberal)... I would tell you exactly "what D.C. is." But, as it were, I am trying to clean up my language. So let us just say that the district is the bane of my existence, it is the anti-novaccw. D.C. is a large open meadow filled with grazing sheep, going through life with stupid, placid looks on their faces...completely oblivious to the wolves lurking around them. Even having a shepherd on each corner does no good. I work in D.C., but I spend no more time there than is absolutely neccessary. I loathe this city. Glad to start everyone's week with a positive thought!!!
I also work in the District of Confusion and those are my feelings exactly. I have a big problem w/ the MPD. First of all most of them are rude and arrogant. Secondly, you have the Metro police for the trains and stations,the uniformed Secret Service for the Embassies, The National Park service for the parks, the Capitol police for the Capitol grounds, Postal police for the P.O., and various other agency police officers patroling their agencies.The MPD refuses to direct traffic, they rarely write parking tickets, speeding and red light cameras are everywhere so they hardly have to enforce the traffic laws. My question is JUST WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DO?