• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Violent Crime Stats Are Up

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just saw this from CNN. "Violent crime rate takes first big jump since '93", Murder rate climbs in smaller cities".
From the Article - "Authorities said the spread of gangs into smaller cities with fewer police resources may account for some of the violence."

Maybe the sheeple won't ask us "why...", anymore.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Another Article from WTOP - http://www.wtop.com/?nid=116&sid=595426. A distrubing quote from the article says - "We see that budgets for policing are being slashed and the federal government has gotten out of that business," said James Alan Fox, a criminal justice professor at Northeastern University in Boston. "Funding for prevention at the federal level and many localities are down and the (National Rifle Association) has renewed strength." My question is, What does the NRA have to do with the rise in crime? Talk about an anti-protection bias, from Mr. Fox!

I just dropped a note to the NRA - ILA on this one!
Just did a quick google on this Fox character - yep an "anti"!

TaosGlock

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
Just saw this from CNN. "Violent crime rate takes first big jump since '93", Murder rate climbs in smaller cities".
From the Article - "Authorities said the spread of gangs into smaller cities with fewer police resources may account for some of the violence."

Maybe the sheeple won't ask us "why...", anymore.
Another reason to be an armed citizen.