• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What If

GlockMan

imported post

I agree with jpierce that what-if scenarios can be a form of training. And that was certainly my intention on creating this one.

There are certainly grey areas with regard to actually using your weapon. The more we explore those areas the more we can be sure what is the correct action, through others experience on knowledge of the laws. That way, if we are ever in that situation we will react definitively (sp?) instead of hesitating which may cost lives.

That being said, I understand your point in that some discussions can get way off base. Hopefully, with both sides of the issue in mind we can keep the discussions here interesting and meaningful.

darrel_h

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
jpierce wrote:
. . . skinheads need not apply.
Can we please refrain from using such terms? The contextual use of the word may be misinterpreted by some, thereby greatly harming their sense of self-worth.;)
i'm not positive whether this was meant to be sarcastic or not, but to expand on this, most "skinheads" are not racist at all. i have had many friends of the "skinhead" persuasion and most were as far from racist as you could come. it is like any other sub-culture out there, the few bad ones give the entire group a bad name.please rest assured that many are not, and the ones that are are pretty discernable. that's all. thank you.

VApatriot

imported post

darrel_h wrote:
VApatriot wrote:
jpierce wrote:
. . . skinheads need not apply.
Can we please refrain from using such terms? The contextual use of the word may be misinterpreted by some, thereby greatly harming their sense of self-worth.;)
i'm not positive whether this was meant to be sarcastic or not, but to expand on this, most "skinheads" are not racist at all. i have had many friends of the "skinhead" persuasion and most were as far from racist as you could come. it is like any other sub-culture out there, the few bad ones give the entire group a bad name.please rest assured that many are not, and the ones that are are pretty discernable. that's all. thank you.
I go high and tight. Several of my long haired friends often refer to me as "Skinhead."

darrel_h

imported post

it's all good, i skinned my head for years. just trying to let people out there know that there is a difference between a neo-skin and a traditional skin. i get it a lot when i shave it now, especially because i'm covered in tattoos too, so i know how it feels, i guess that's why i'm trying to educate.