Thread: Is there a gun-friendly business post somewhere - not restaurants?

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I was shopping for a new car recently. I went to Sheehy Ford in Springfield. As is my custom, I carry openly when I can; my husband carries concealed most of the time.

As I got out of my car and had a salesman approach, he asked if my weapon was "live". I of course answered yes, with a smile, and he said "Good. I feel safe."

Still not sure the second salesman didn't leave us with someone else once he saw the weapon; he disappeared pretty quick but could also have been past his hours for all I know.

I also carried openly the day we ended up buying our new vehicle at Cowles Ford in Woodbridge.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

i haven't seen any topics on any sites i've been to for non-restaraunt gun friendly places, but it is a good idea. maybe this can turn into one! all i've ever seen are the gun-unfriendly lists on vcdl and such. unfortunately i don't have much to add to this list myself yet, still getting accustomed to oc'ing, but the CVS in Mount Vernon Square Shopping Plaza didn't seem to have a problem. the gentleman behind the counter (not sure if he was shift supervisor or not) asked me a couple of questions wondering if i was allowed to be walking around like that, so i taught him the open carry law of virginia and it seems i sparked his interest. another one on our side!! if i'm not mistaken, i also oc'd in the bed bath and beyond right in the same plaza, with no problems. other than that i can't remember anywhere else off the top of my head, sorry. good luck and keep up the awareness.

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    I was shopping for a new car recently. I went to Sheehy Ford in Springfield. As is my custom, I carry openly when I can; my husband carries concealed most of the time.

As I got out of my car and had a salesman approach, he asked if my weapon was "live". I of course answered yes, with a smile, and he said "Good. I feel safe."

Still not sure the second salesman didn't leave us with someone else once he saw the weapon; he disappeared pretty quick but could also have been past his hours for all I know.

I also carried openly the day we ended up buying our new vehicle at Cowles Ford in Woodbridge.
    If I wasn't a Chevrolet man, I wouldlike tobuy from a business such as that.

Fix

Or

Repair

Daily

Post imported post

ok, so today was a really good oc day for me. here is a list of all the places i oc'd today in the woodbridge are:

dunkin donuts in tackett's mill

jiffy lube off of minnieville, near cantor

target on prince william

petsmart, near the corner of minnieville and dale blvd (this was the one and only place somebody had anything to say to me about my oc'ing. as soon as i exited my truck there was a gentleman putting groceries in his vehicle and he made a comment such as "go 2nd amendment". we then struck a conversation about my piece and his pieces, amongst other gun related conversation. nice guy though.)

new five guys on the corner of prince william and old bridge

frozen custard place right next to it.

in all these travels not one person questioned or raised an eyebrow to my carrying. even the "security guard" in target looked right at me and then continued on his merry way. i think i may have gotten a little bit of an evil eye from an older gentleman in five guys, but that is only speculation. so, all in all a great day for first full day out oc'ing. have done it before but certainly not to this degree. thanks for all your support everyone and your encouragement. will definitely be oc'ing more often now that summer is upon us. keep fightin those 2a's!!

Post imported post

oh, and i forgot best buy on prince william too. oc'd there without incident. was in there for a little while too.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I spent over an hour at Washington Golf yesterday, in the Shirlington area. Place was very busy, and no one so much as looked twice.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

darrel_h wrote:
    jiffy lube off of minnieville, near cantor
    I know the Jiffy Lube in Sterling, VA is gun friendly.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Verizon Store, West Broad in Richmond - salesman said that he felt safer with me and my gun than with the unarmed skinny security guard....
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Unarmed security - A classic oxymoron.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Unarmed security - A classic oxymoron.

Yata hey
    haha yeah he wandered around me for a moment. I laughed to myself because even unarmed I could sneeze and knock this guy down...
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I've gotten great responses, so far at least, from Circuit City, and Chipotle.

I've received consistently neutral responses from Starbucks, Giant, Subway, and 7-11.

The worse, but not bad, experiences I've received were from AT&T, and Safeway.

Overall nothing too exciting or too horrible from anywhere I've chosen to OC in Fairfax, Alexandria or Henrico.