• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just want to say hello

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hello all, just want to introduce myself and say hello to everyone here. I am a Communications Engineer and design radio systems for public safety and government. I have been viewing the board for sometime now and finally signed up. I have to say there is allot of good information here and look forward to taking part in it. I have not had much opportunity to carry none the less OC because of my current gov't employer has decided that they can infringe upon my 2a rights in the parking lot, I am hoping to find a way change my employer soon. It would be nice if I could leave it in the car and not be disarmed on my 80mi each way commute but the whole threat of prison forces me to comply. After that I should be able to post more OC experiences. However I do enjoy being safe at least on nights and weekends (it is bad when freedom sounds more like a cellular telephone plan). Sorry for the run on....

Todd

cs9c1

imported post

I am happy to see you. Hey everyone I am no longer the new guy! Just kidding welcome to the group, I am still a NOOB though, but glad to see you and be here.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Welcome Toad, cs9c1 and all of our new members. Glad to have you !!!!

TrueBrit

imported post

Toad, welcome to OCDO, Sir!

Apropos your problem with your employer invoking his property rights ,which would appear to be an all too common problem, a wicked thought struck me.

This may sound crazy, but here goes, and I would welcome input from all and sundry.

Maybe instruct your wife, family etc to SUE THE PANTS OFF your employer if, Lord forbid, you are seriously injured or killed by a criminal while travelling to and from your work, unarmed!

Much as I hate our litigation-crazy society, does this idea have any merit, and might it fly? If more employers had this idea put to them, might they change their asinine policies?

Thank goodness, we have none of this nonsense in Kentucky, as the question of employees keeping legally owned defensive weaponry in their vehicles was robustly decided in favour of such employees, shortly after the CCW program was implemented here in 1996.

Maybe my suggestion is an impossibility,but what say you all?

I could grudgingly accept that an employer may have the right to turn his BUSINESS PREMISES into a Victim Disarmament Zone, but the vehicles in his parking lot, increasingly being regarded as extensions of his employees homes, are surely a different matter entirely?

TrueBrit.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually it is an unsecured parking lot surrounding a leased building by the federal gov’t!!! And yes my wife and lawyer friend have already been instructedon what to do with the life insurance pay out if something bad were to happen.

GlockMan

imported post

I like TrueBrit's answer. I would go even further and have your lawyer draw up a document, that your employer is to sign, stating that they will be fully liable for your death/injury in the case something should happen to you to or from work if it could reasonably be assumed that having your weapon at the time could have prevented the incident (that should take care of cases of auto accidents and such).

Your lawyer could probably put something in their directing them on the 2nd Amendment as well as the fact they are leasing the bldg and parking lot and, therefore, cannot dictate policy on areas they do not own.

This might be sticky, but if they refuse to sign the document then you could possibly explain to them that their right to refuse allows you to right to exercise your Constitutionally protected rights to protect yourself.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer so I would highly recommend you discuss this with yours.

Just my thoughts.

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I don't think this would go very far at all. There is no reason anyone would be stupid enough to sign such a thing, and just drawing up a document does not mean it has any legal significance.

There areloons that think they can avoid paying taxes by signing a statement, having it notarized, and then having the county recorder record it. Do you really think it has any meaning whatsoever?

GlockMan

imported post

ilbob wrote:
I don't think this would go very far at all. There is no reason anyone would be stupid enough to sign such a thing, and just drawing up a document does not mean it has any legal significance.

There areloons that think they can avoid paying taxes by signing a statement, having it notarized, and then having the county recorder record it. Do you really think it has any meaning whatsoever?

You're right, it probably wouldn't work. But it may be the first step in documenting the escalation of events leading to taking them to court. Of course, that sucks time and money out of you but if you win you could also probably get court and lawyers fees out of it.

You need to do something to show them that you're willing to fight for your rights. It ain't right, or even legal, what they're doing to him.

357luvr

imported post

I think I'm still the newest member, just joined last night! This is a great place and I've already learned a lot! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that this is my new favorite site. Stay safe everyone!

cs9c1

imported post

357luvr wrote:
I think I'm still the newest member, just joined last night! This is a great place and I've already learned a lot! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say that this is my new favorite site. Stay safe everyone!
Welcome 257luvr, and yep your the Noob. LOL:D

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If the county would get rid of the no parking signs on the street I would be fine, but until then I have to rely on luck alone. It is a shame that the feds receive no recourse for their repression of the people.

cREbralFIX

imported post

What about parking farther away and walking? Is there a nearby mall or equivalent? Good luck....