• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alaska Open Carry Question

mpak87

imported post

Hello all, I have a situation that I was hoping I could get some information on. I live in Alaska, and am trying to determine the open carry possibilities open to me. The main issue is that I am 19 years old, I know all about the concealed options open to people in Alaska, but that particular law will not help me for a couple more years. I am trying to find out if it is legal for me to openly carry a handgun outside of a vehicle. I can use information for either in-town or out in the wilderness, but ultimately I would like to know both. I have looked very carefully at the state statutes, and have not yet been able to find anything prohibiting this. However, any assistance from more knowlegable individuals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot, and as a new poster, I am glad that this resource is available to me.