• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chocolate City, once again!

TrueBrit

imported post

I was truly horrified to read, in this morning's Lexington Herald Leader, that Governor Blanco,at Mayor Chocolate's request,is sending 300 National Guard, plus 60 State cops,to New Orleans.

The reason; it would appear that some "gangsta n*##@" (their words, not mine) drug dealers had a major falling out,and got busy with their artillery! Five dead.

Can you all say "Posse Commitatus", guys and gals?

Nagin says that this will "free his cops up to deal with other hot spots."

Sounds pretty lame to me. Are not dangerous precedents being set here?

Cops ain't soldiers, and soldiers definitely ain't cops!

Is Nagin trying to set up some kind of personal fiefdom, backed by military might?

Methinks that the citizens of Chocolate City will find that their chocolate will taste mighty bitter,very soon!

What say all of you Constitutional scholars? Is martial law coming to a town near you soon, or am I just getting paranoid?

TrueBrit.

molonlabetn

imported post

'Hershey' Nagin made his bed... He wet it... Now, let him lie in it...

This dog not only returned to its own vomit, he asked for more! (ran for office again)...

I guess that some folks justhave to learn the hard way... Including the saps that re-elected this clown.

It is to be expected that this is how it would go down, considering the source:

1. Talk big

2. Take no responsibility

3. Leave

4. Redirect blame

5. Whine for somebody else to fix it

6. Somebody else fixes it

7. Return

8.Talk big

9. Take no responsibility

10. Leave

11. Redirect blame

12. Whine for somebody else to fix it

13. Somebody else fixes it

14. Return

ETC...

molonlabetn

...I wonder if you can get it with sprinkles, and a cherry on top?

cs9c1

imported post

The fact they re elected the Mayor again is unbelievable. As to the National Guard, It amazes me how in the last few years they are expected too fix everyones in the worlds problem.

khatores

imported post

I thought Nagin had possibly learned his lesson, but alas...he's just pathetic. Any local official with common sense does not want National Guard troops in his jurisdiction unless absolutely necessary - it aborgates their authority and doesn't look good to their counterparts in other jurisdictions.