• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GUN-CARRYING MAN FOILS TENDERLOIN ROBBERY

AlaskanAtHeart

imported post

http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsne...eadlineNews/FOILED-ROBBERY/resources_bcn_html

GUN-CARRYING MAN FOILS TENDERLOIN ROBBERY 06/27/06 5:15 PDT SAN FRANCISCO (BCN)
Police are searching for a would-be victim who fought back against three armed robbers with his own gun early this morning in the Tenderloin neighborhood, according to San Francisco police Lt. John Loftus.
The three men, one armed with a shotgun, approached a man and a woman on the corner of Leavenworth and Turk streets around 4 a.m. and held them up. Instead of complying, however, the man pulled out a gun of his own and shot all three assailants.
Loftus said the man was acting in self defense, and though he is currently being sought for questioning, police are treating him as the victim in the incident.
The three men, who all suffered non-life-threatening injuries, were arrested shortly afterward. Only minutes before, another attempted robbery was reported in the same area, with the same three men listed as suspects, Loftus said.
The victim in the earlier robbery fended the suspects off with a flashlight before he realized one of the men was holding a shotgun.
"I guess the first guy didn't realize it was a gun," Loftus said.
When the suspects stepped back, however, the victim saw that one of the men was holding a gun so he ran off, escaping without any of his property stolen.
There were no other reports of injuries in the incident. Police did not immediately release the names of anyone involved.

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have to admit, when I saw "Tenderloin" in the article, I figured someone was packing "meat", not "heat";). I'm not taking it any further than that:shock:! After all, it was in Kalifornia...

panic215

imported post

Ditto! I thought he robbed a butcher shop or grocery store. I would have a little sympathy for someone who might have tried to take some food to feed their family, but nope, this was just another group of scumbags.

Jason

VApatriot

imported post

Does anyone else find it odd that the alleged victim did not go and file a police report? I'm not saying that this guy did anything wrong in the self defence shooting, but why would he not have contacted authorities right away after the incident?:?

VAopencarry

imported post

I expect the victim might not be square with the law, maybe he is not legally allowed to own a gun or something. Heck he shot all3 of them, I say Way To Go!!

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
Does anyone else find it odd that the alleged victim did not go and file a police report? I'm not saying that this guy did anything wrong in the self defence shooting, but why would he not have contacted authorities right away after the incident?:?
If he was a SF resident he probably does not have a permit to carry. There are something like 5 issued in the whole county.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

ilbobIts actually around 10... and I would agree that the victim isnt likely to surface fora number of reasons. 1) They were probably not issued a CCW permit, 2) they were fearful of arrest- even if they WERE issued a valid CCW permit, because they were aware of Measure H forbidding firearms possession in SF city limits, but 3) not aware that Measure H had been struck down but the courts.or 4) wasnt legally in possession of the firearm.

This is truly a set of circumstances where "When only outlaws have guns, I'll be an outlaw." applies...

This fellow may very well be a lawful and righteous citizen, but the criminalization of firearms has driven him underground.

VApatriot

imported post

That is what I was thinking. It is sad that they make it so hard forpeople to follow the law that they would have to brake the law to defend their own life.It just burns me up inside to think that the human rights of people in the country have been destroyed in such a way by corrupt governments!:X

Arblackandtans

imported post

If EVERY gunowner would say the heck with what thew gubbment says and starts toting their guns, permit or not then what would the said gubbment do?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

VApatriot wrote:
...but why would he not have contacted authorities right away after the incident?:?
Because he would probably be arrested for carrying a firearm.