Thread: Jury acquits Iraq war veteran of shooting into crowd, injuring 2

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...s_for_service/

When I first heard this story I figured this guy was done being a free man. Apparently the jury thought he was in fear enough for his and his familys life.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...s_for_service/

When I first heard this story I figured this guy was done being a free man. Apparently the jury thought he was in fear enough for his and his familys life.
    I think he got lucky, but I can understand how he could have felt. I was living in a rough part of Richmond, and a few days after my car was vandalized I had abrick come in through my back window of the house. I was chastised by the police for having my pistol in a holster on my hip when they got their. I told them I'm sorry if they felt that way, but I was going to defend my family. I cant remember what else theysaid, because Iwas just wanting a police report number and not listening to their"Safety speech".

Post imported post

He probably shouldn't have done it..... Doesn't sound like he was trying to hurt anyone but was concerned about the mob scene outside his home and business. Personally I have zero tolerance for loud drunken unruly mobs, he could have opened up with an M60 for all I care.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson