• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Jury acquits Iraq war veteran of shooting into crowd, injuring 2

cs9c1

imported post

longwatch wrote:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2006/06/29/prosecutor_tells_jury_marine_shouldnt_get_points_for_service/

When I first heard this story I figured this guy was done being a free man. Apparently the jury thought he was in fear enough for his and his familys life.
I think he got lucky, but I can understand how he could have felt. I was living in a rough part of Richmond, and a few days after my car was vandalized I had abrick come in through my back window of the house. I was chastised by the police for having my pistol in a holster on my hip when they got their. I told them I'm sorry if they felt that way, but I was going to defend my family. I cant remember what else theysaid, because Iwas just wanting a police report number and not listening to their"Safety speech".

VAopencarry

imported post

He probably shouldn't have done it..... Doesn't sound like he was trying to hurt anyone but was concerned about the mob scene outside his home and business. Personally I have zero tolerance for loud drunken unruly mobs, he could have opened up with an M60 for all I care.:D