• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

delaware age to carry

budda64_99

imported post

now do you know if that means u can be 18 with a permit to carry it, im just asking cuz my wife wants to carry but shes only 20 and we cant seem to find anything saying what age you must be, she wants to just carry openly, not concealed...

molonlabetn

imported post

http://www.lcav.org/states/delaware.asp

Apparently there is no minimum age to possess a firearm, though it is a crime for a parent of a child under 16 to allow them to possess a firearm unsupervised. The only mention of age to carry is regarding the concealed-carry permit (18 y/o). Otherwise, open-carry of a handgunby an adult appears to be legal.

I'm no lawyer, so it would be worth checking with one in your state, but I see nothing that would keep her from open-carrying a handgun...

Be Safe!

molonlabetn