Thread: Brief terms in thefts of guns

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Neither of two gets more than 15 months in Va. warehouse case

You may remember this case occuring in Richmond, surplus LEO firearms being stolen from a warehouse and sold.

Story From The Times Dispatch

"U.S. District Judge Richard L. Williams took it easy yesterday on two repentant men who participated in stealing and selling handguns from a state warehouse."

"Williams sentenced Antre R. Worthington, 23, to 15 months in federal prison. He gave Larry M. Logan Jr., 25, a year and one day to serve."

"Authorities say 55 revolvers were stolen. Some of them have been recovered and others have been turning up at crime scenes or police have taken them off criminals and others not permitted to have firearms. Some may still be on the street.

"Yesterday, Logan and Worthington apologized to the court and to their families and said they deeply regretted what they had done."

I wonder how many ended up in New York City? The sentences are amazing to me.

Post imported post

I always wonder about this too. Can't seem to figure out how the sentence scale is measured and applied by the courts sometimes.

We had a woman living close to here that was arrested for cruelty to animals a while back. She had a number of horses that were very neglected. Granted, no excuse at all for that kind of thing. The horses were confiscated and she was tried, convicted and sentenced to TEN years in jail. All in less than a months time.

On the other side, we have a jail full of REALLY bad guys in jail for what seems like forever. Then, when they finally do get through the courts, the sentences are far less than abusing animals. Guess PIA would think that is a good thing, but I doubt most people would.

Post imported post

DoubleR, you can shorten links like this:

Name Link Here

it will look like this

Gun Theft Article
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

VAopencarry. You're absolutely right. Wasn't thinking - Duh. Thanks. BTW - I finally got my VCDL membership in the mail . Took10 weeks- NOT A COMPLAINT!!! Phil has his hands full,I know. I'm glad that he got the check and donation and not a BG!

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

government employees here.

i am a bit of a cynic, but what do you want to bet thatthe reason for the light sentences was to spare some government agency some embarrassment?

Post imported post

ilbob, I'd throw some money in your pot. I bet you are right.

ProguninTN

Post imported post

DoubleR wrote:
    VAopencarry. You're absolutely right. Wasn't thinking - Duh. Thanks. BTW - I finally got my VCDL membership in the mail . Took10 weeks- NOT A COMPLAINT!!! Phil has his hands full,I know. I'm glad that he got the check and donation and not a BG!
    Received mine in the mail today also.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

A bit off topic...but how can I join VCDL.... I'm from Texas but would love to support you guys.

Jason

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

panic215 wrote:
    A bit off topic...but how can I join VCDL.... I'm from Texas but would love to support you guys.

Jason
    Hi, Jason. Here's the VCDL Link(I smarted up, this time ). Browse around. I enjoy reading the VA-ALERT Archive. It's usually updated over the weekend. VCDL has done a lot for us here in the Old Dominion.

Post imported post

DoubleR wrote:
    panic215 wrote:

Jason
    Hi, Jason. Here's the VCDL Link (I smarted up, this time ). Browse around. I enjoy reading the VA-ALERT Archive. It's usually updated over the weekend. VCDL has done a lot for us here in the Old Dominion.
    Thank you DoubleR.

Cheers.

Jason

Post imported post

They must have processed a bunch of them at the same time, mine showed up this past week as well.

Post imported post

Back on-topic....there's one thing about this story that gets my goat. How many times have we heard law-abiding citizens or guns store owners harassed and shut down because someone stole a gun from them and used it in a robbery/homicide?

Yet, here we have someone stealing from the police/government, you think the Brady Brunch would jump all over them? Of course not.

Just another case of hypocritical anti-action.