Thread: United Artist Theatre: Fairfax Towne Center Gun Unfriendly

Post imported post

The management of this theatre has posted a no guns sign. We should start a letter writing campaign to get the policy changed.

Anyone have a template?

Post imported post

There is a surprise. Fairfax Towne Center has always billed itself as place for the "yuppies". </sarcasm> Concealed Carry in there has always been dubious because they serve alcohol in a certain part of theater. Maybe instead of asking them to take down the sign, replace the no gun sign with no ILLEGAL guns sign. They still get their sign (because I'm sure it's so effective at prevent gangbangers) and we still get to carry.

Post imported post

Just because they are a "gang-banger" does not necessarily mean their gun is illegal or that they have a record banning them from having a gun, "yet". I do believe you are on the right track with your suggested sing though. I would preferyour sign,if they feel like a sign actually helps them (I don't think a criminal would be stopped from committing their crime just because a big bad sign was on the door) as apposed to disarming the good guys.

Post imported post

I've notice a lot of movies have these signs. The movies are the only place that I do not avoid because of these signs. I feel guility over it, but it is easier than listening to my kids.

They still ask to go back to Hard Times Cafe at Potomac Mills - no signs, just ask to leave my gun in my car by the General Manager.