• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

United Artist Theatre: Fairfax Towne Center Gun Unfriendly

cREbralFIX

imported post

The management of this theatre has posted a no guns sign. We should start a letter writing campaign to get the policy changed.

Anyone have a template?

rabbit994

imported post

There is a surprise. Fairfax Towne Center has always billed itself as place for the "yuppies". </sarcasm> Concealed Carry in there has always been dubious because they serve alcohol in a certain part of theater. Maybe instead of asking them to take down the sign, replace the no gun sign with no ILLEGAL guns sign. They still get their sign (because I'm sure it's so effective at prevent gangbangers) and we still get to carry.

cs9c1

imported post

Just because they are a "gang-banger" does not necessarily mean their gun is illegal or that they have a record banning them from having a gun, "yet". I do believe you are on the right track with your suggested sing though. I would preferyour sign,if they feel like a sign actually helps them (I don't think a criminal would be stopped from committing their crime just because a big bad sign was on the door) as apposed to disarming the good guys.

possumboy

imported post

I've notice a lot of movies have these signs. The movies are the only place that I do not avoid because of these signs. I feel guility over it, but it is easier than listening to my kids.

They still ask to go back to Hard Times Cafe at Potomac Mills - no signs, just ask to leave my gun in my car by the General Manager.