• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More than one Open Carry

virginiatuck

imported post

As for the two-gun/BUG: A crossdraw holster for the BUG makes sense to me. Then you don't have to use your "weak" arm. Crossdraw is just a theory, I haven't put it into practice yet. It may work fine for you unless you actually want to have both guns drawn at the same time or if someone cuts off your strong arm with a machete.

darthmord wrote:
Since I havea CHP, when I OC, I also have a CC BUG.
I've wondered, are there places in the U.S. that have concealed carry laws and that would allow someone without a CHP or equivalent to legally CC one or more guns as long as at least one gun is OC? As if to say that to expose one is to expose them all.

I know Virginia isn't one of those places, due to the wording of 18.2-308. I'm just wondering about other places.

What was the goal of the concealed carry bans anyway? Was it to simply know whether someone was armed or not? Or was it to know exactly how many weapons the person had and where they were on the person? These are just rhetorical questions, as I doubt anyone here has actually legislated concealed carry. I'm sure the answer most people here would have is "Their goal was to erode the second amendment."

Neplusultra

imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
livitup wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
How about Demi Moore's double Gold Desert Eagles in Charlie's Angels? :p
Or Nic Cage's double 1911's in the double SOB holster in Face Off? That would be my preference. :lol:
How would you change mags with both hands full???
By using your ubermovie skills of course! :lol:
You know I practice draw and fire from my holster but I've never practiced mag changes. Hmmmm. I think I'll try to sharpen that skill.

Note how in this video the 2cd mag "disappears" from his belt.... smooth and quick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgdq1FBYTUE

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
You know I practice draw and fire from my holster but I've never practiced mag changes. Hmmmm. I think I'll try to sharpen that skill.

I always tell my students that there are a number of things they should practice:

Shooting fundamentals and Marksmanship

Drawing from a holster

Situation awareness

Tactical mag changes

Semi-auto malfunction drills.

Neplusultra - come to the range with me one day and I'll show you the one handed trick... :)

mobeewan

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
livitup wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
How about Demi Moore's double Gold Desert Eagles in Charlie's Angels? :p
Or Nic Cage's double 1911's in the double SOB holster in Face Off? That would be my preference. :lol:
How would you change mags with both hands full???
In "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis, he was shooting 2 1911's. Ejected both mags transferred one gun to hold both in the same hand, grabbed 2 mags with free handand inserted both at once into each gun, then releasedboth slides to chamber roundsas he transferred the one gun back to the other hand. Had to replay the reload in slo-moa couple times to make sure I saw what I thought I had seen.Looked pretty cool.

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Neplusultra - come to the range with me one day and I'll show you the one handed trick... :)

Sounds like fun. I thought you were up in NOVA? I've tried working the slide by putting it behind your knee and clamping it there. Not too good at it. I also need to practice shooting weak handed, not too good at that yet. Not sure how I'd change mags with one hand since I carry it in my left pocket :^). I am getting good at drawing and firing without using the sights. 4" COM double taps at 21', less than 1.5 seconds to first shot.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
ProShooter wrote:

Sounds like fun. I thought you were up in NOVA? I've tried working the slide by putting it behind your knee and clamping it there. Not too good at it. I also need to practice shooting weak handed, not too good at that yet. Not sure how I'd change mags with one hand since I carry it in my left pocket :^). I am getting good at drawing and firing without using the sights. 4" COM double taps at 21', less than 1.5 seconds to first shot.
I'm in Richmond. You had the right idea with the "behind the knee" trick. It just takes practice.