• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Naval Militia to Guard Ports in Virginia?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You guys are great!

Thanks for the photo of my own personalship, VirginiaPlanter, and the historical info. Great stuff! I can see me on harbor patrol now.

Cutlasseson deck andM14s in the rigging, Tomahawk? What an imagination!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK. Being a Virginia native and going back to the 1600's, in Virginia,here's a link to the "Virginia Navy". Thanks for ressurecting this thread! ...and as an added bonus-a CSA Naval uniform. I suppose he's naval artillery, since the sash is red.

hillhouse.jpg

Tomahawk

imported post

Citizen wrote:
You guys are great!

Thanks for the photo of my own personalship, VirginiaPlanter, and the historical info. Great stuff! I can see me on harbor patrol now.

The purpose of the M-14s is prevent any opportunity for diplaying my lack of swordsmanship.

SFDoc

imported post

Citizen wrote:
You guys are great!

Hope this makes up for being shorted on your ship. Jones' Marine Raid

SquaredAway

imported post

SFDoc wrote:
Citizen wrote:
That would be so cool!!

Where do we sign up? :)

I nominate Longwatch for Regimental CO! (I understand that in those days the officers were elected by the troops.)

I wonder if it will be a "dry" navy? Naval personnel need their grog, ya know.

Lets start working on a dress uniform design. Anybody got any pictures of CSA marines?

Oh, crap. I just realized. The General Assembly can't get a simple transportation bill to the Governor. They'll never agree on money to build ships.

That's OK. We'll be the envy of every Marine on base.

"Who are those guys in those too cool uniforms?"

"VAMC. You can address them as "Marine", but you need to be polite." :)
With our GA you would end up with this