• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida, the New Bastion of Freedom

GlockMan

imported post

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/state/content/gen/ap/FL_Florida_Crime.html

From the article:

"Florida's crime rate dropped for the 14th straight year in 2005 to its lowest mark since 1971 because of tougher laws, increased financial support from the Legislature and law-abiding citizens with guns, Gov. Jeb Bush said Tuesday." (my emphasis)

Another story for the fight for fewer gun restrictions!

(and they rejoiced....yaaaaah)

GlockMan

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
I hate to sound pessimistic, but somehow the Antis will find a way to turn this around to a bad thing. We need more news like this for more states.

That's what makes them "antis"...anti-logical

panic215

imported post

That's great news. I wish more of this type of thing would be reported. I know Florida can't be the only case where pro-2A efforts, along with tougher laws have steadily took their toll on crime.

Cheers,

Jason

starbuck

imported post

Here in Jacksonville, the local news buzz is about the sharp spike in violent crime. People are focusing on guns as being the problem, and not acknowledging the real problem: The large amount of displaced New Orleans scumbags bringing their lifestyle with them.