• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Coach

z

imported post

I'm moving to Fairfax Station later this month and a friend of mine just told me about the OC laws in Va.
Suddenly I feel the need to exercise my *new* rights!
But it is not without remorse.

In most cases I look at it as just mere fun to sport a heater in a state where the cops are EVERYWHERE and they seem to have a good work ethic.
I really needed it when I lived in PG County and worked on roofs in Southeast D.C.
Onetime we got held up by this crackhead while we were taking a lunchbreak.
He made off with 2 dollars and we made off with out any vitamin L in us.
The cop we found didn't have the "male hardware" necessary to walk one block and confront the criminal.

Anyway I can't wait to give it a try. And I appreciate this great website where I can learn how to do this.

Imagine my culture shock as now I get to swap my "ghetto wallet" filled with ones and a blockbuster card for my favorite cap snapper!!!
Later everyone,
z

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The best place to break your OC cherry is at a VCDL meeting. The next meeting is on the 20th. I doesn't hurt to get your CHP but I think being a new resident it may take you a little while to be eligible for it and then 45 days to get it. Until the OC is your only option unless you already have another permit recognized by VA.

cREbralFIX

imported post

longwatch wrote:
The best place to break your OC cherry is at a VCDL meeting. The next meeting is on the 20th. I doesn't hurt to get your CHP but I think being a new resident it may take you a little while to be eligible for it and then 45 days to get it. Until the OC is your only option unless you already have another permit recognized by VA.
That's too much work. Just put on your gun, a couple of spare mags, and go walk the dog.

cs9c1

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
That's too much work. Just put on your gun, a couple of spare mags, and go walk the dog.
"A couple of spare mags"? I only have 2 per weapon, LOL. If I need more than 21 rounds, then it was just a reallybad dayto beme:D.

cREbralFIX

imported post

Only 21 rounds??!?!!? You are sooooo tactically doomed! You really should get some 511 boots, 511 pants, and *official* Blackhawk shirt with built in camel bak. Sheesh, it's just common sense that you MUST have all these items in order to survive a gun fight!