• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting on 7/20

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I'll be going to the next VCDL membership meeting on thursday in Fairfax. I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be there. If you aren't a VCDL member, shame on you :p, but the meeting is open to the public and open carry is welcome.

VAspringer

imported post

longwatch wrote:
I'll be going to the next VCDL membership meeting on thursday in Fairfax. I was just wondering if anyone else is going to be there. If you aren't a VCDL member, shame on you :p, but the meeting is open to the public and open carry is welcome.
I plan to be there.........look forward to seeing everyone

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Good because we will probably be out in the parking lot talking until zero dark early as usual.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Still trying to talk spouse into going. I have to be at work (alert, even) at 0600 on Friday, though.

rabbit994

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Good because we will probably be out in the parking lot talking until zero dark early as usual.
Lies. All Lies...

I messed with my work schedule, I'm set to be there as usual. Girlfriend will most likely NOT be attending. I know that disappoints many of you.

GlockEm

imported post

I'm planning to go. I'll be the "one" open carrying. :)

I agree with you about VCDL, they do more for VA gun rights than any other group...although I also belongsome others as well!

novaccw

imported post

My GF probably won't be attending either...although she told me she is ready to get a gun. I probably felt the same way she did when I proposed.

I gave her "In the Gravest Extreme" by Mas Ayoob to read. Even though I don't agree with everything he says and teaches, I still think it is a fantastic book for all people who own guns to read, especially if there is even a chance that they will ever use the gun for self-defense.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Hey Hey guys, it's OK if your "girlfriend" is not really a girl, technically speaking. VCDL and OpenCarry.org are "big tent" groups - bring "her" anyway! :lol:

rabbit994

imported post

She's a female but whatever floats your boat.

She said oh hell no to Fuddruckers so she will be left at home.

cs9c1

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
Da*# I’m jealous. I want to goooooo!!!!!!:cuss:

Serious everyone, have a good time and be safe, maybe next time for me.:cry:

Oh, I forgot to say, I expect a full report (charts, graphs, PowerPoint….):D
Someone let me know how it went. If you cant tell, being couch bound sucks.