• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not currently carrying

cs9c1

imported post

I was wondering how others felt about this subject.

I have currently discontinued carrying for the time being due to the strong pain medication I am taking. I don't want to make a mistake or be accused of carrying under the influence(even though they are legal for me). I am not out of the house much, but I am even keeping the gun locked up while at home (sleeping allot!!!)

If this sound weird, I'm blaming the Meds.:D

TrueBrit

imported post

Cs, you know your own business best, and it is not for anyone else to second-guess your decision, IMHO.

My commiserations to you, would the ailment be consequent upon your service,if the question is not indiscreet?

For my own part, I was fortunate to escape relatively unscathed, just a couple of "shaving scars", so to speak.

I hope that things improve soon, meanwhile, stay safe and be careful.

TrueBrit.

possumboy

imported post

I have taken a few new medications since I started carrying. I have locked up, and given the keys to my wife.

You never know how something will affect you, or your judgement.

VAopencarry

imported post

I think it is the right thing to do. I was recently having some medical problems with lightheadedness and dizziness. I stopped carrying because my head was so 'foggy' I didn't trust myself to be able to make potentially life saving/taking decision.

Hope you feel better soon.

cs9c1

imported post

Thanks for the nice replies. I am trying not to take anything right now, because it makes me real loopy. I have been keeping up with the post, just not posting much.

Yes, TrueBrit, this was due to my service. Old injury that got worse, along with a bum back. Retirement within the year sounds great (too beat up to continue). Plus it is a real hassle when you carry and also have to go to Military installations (always have to plan ahead).

Has anyone noticed there is no spell checker under Firefox?