Thread: Open Carry in Gatlinburg

Post imported post

I plan to takemy family to Gatlinburg this fall for a short vacation...Is this a gun friendly area? Is it Ok to OC in this area?

Thanks!!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

I kinda look at it the other way - I want to open carry in areas that might be potentially unfriendly - freedom of navigation exercise.

Post imported post

I like Mike's take on the matter. While in no way do I seek confrontation while OCing, it is rather fun to test the waters here and there ,so to speak!As long as you know that you are engaged in a lawful activity, you have right on your side.

TrueBrit.

Post imported post

As a matter of fact, I just got back from a trip to Tennessee. My wife and I spent part of our weekend in Knoxville (I'm looking for employment up there) and we couldn't go there without a quick stop in Gatlinburg. I have open carried there a few times without harassment. Just be careful not to walk into an off limits area like a restaurant that serves alcohol. I hope you guys enjoy your trip.

Chuck

Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway.

Post imported post

I live in the vicinity of Gatlinburg and have open carried there numerous times as well as Pigeon Forge and I have not had any problems or any apparent concerns. Be careful that you don't wander into the national park while carrying and be aware what store or restaurant that you visit due to alcohol being sold as a beverage.

Post imported post

I was just there, and I noticed a LOT of "No guns allowed" on the store fronts.... Sadly.