• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Gatlinburg

TrueBrit

imported post

I like Mike's take on the matter. While in no way do I seek confrontation while OCing, it is rather fun to test the waters here and there ,so to speak!As long as you know that you are engaged in a lawful activity, you have right on your side.

TrueBrit.

ChuckC

imported post

As a matter of fact, I just got back from a trip to Tennessee. My wife and I spent part of our weekend in Knoxville (I'm looking for employment up there) and we couldn't go there without a quick stop in Gatlinburg. I have open carried there a few times without harassment. Just be careful not to walk into an off limits area like a restaurant that serves alcohol. I hope you guys enjoy your trip.

Chuck

Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway.

steamnsteel

imported post

I live in the vicinity of Gatlinburg and have open carried there numerous times as well as Pigeon Forge and I have not had any problems or any apparent concerns. Be careful that you don't wander into the national park while carrying and be aware what store or restaurant that you visit due to alcohol being sold as a beverage.