• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I Carry Openly...

TrueBrit

imported post

teknoid wrote:
I have to say that I love Kentucky...

[align=left]*Firearms Ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required[/align]

[align=left]*Assault weapon ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required[/align]

[align=left]*Machine Gun Ownership: no state restrictions, compliance with federal law only[/align]

[align=left]*Firearm law uniformity: preemption law, firearm laws uniform throughout state[/align]

[align=left]*Right of Self-Defense: castle doctrine, right protected by statute[/align]

[align=left]*Open carry: unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted[/align]

[align=left]*Concealed carry: licenses granted to residents on a "shall issue" basis; automatic
reciprocity for nonresidents with licenses from other states
[/align]

[align=left]*Vehicle carry and transportation: firearms (rifles, shotguns and handguns) may
be carried
loaded and in plain view; loaded[/align]

[align=left] handguns maybe carried in the glove[/align]

[align=left] compartment (center console box carry is not
[/align]

[align=left] allowed)[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[align=left]Didn't see it mentioned.
[/align]

Amen to all of the above, my Appalachian cousin! BTW, welcome to OCDO!

TrueBrit.

teknoid

imported post

TrueBrit wrote:
teknoid wrote:

[align=left]*Firearms Ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required[/align]

[align=left]*Assault weapon ownership: unrestricted, no permit or license required[/align]

[align=left]*Machine Gun Ownership: no state restrictions, compliance with federal law only[/align]

[align=left]*Firearm law uniformity: preemption law, firearm laws uniform throughout state[/align]

[align=left]*Right of Self-Defense: castle doctrine, right protected by statute[/align]

[align=left]*Open carry: unrestricted in most public areas and generally accepted[/align]

[align=left]*Concealed carry: licenses granted to residents on a "shall issue" basis; automatic
[/align]

[align=left]*Vehicle carry and transportation: firearms (rifles, shotguns and handguns) may
be carried

[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[/align]

TrueBrit.
Thanks! I was born here (Louisville) but spent the last 17 years in the Chicago area. It was like living in purgatory. I can't tell you how good it is to be back. I finally had enough and changed careers just so I could move (at less pay).

I travel to Richmond fairly often. Nice area, and the closest decent restaraunts around here, along with the closest package stores.

One of my idols was a Brit. Ever hear of Douglas Bader? There is an ispiration if I ever saw one!

TrueBrit

imported post

teknoid wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
teknoid wrote:

[/align]

be carried

[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]

[/align]

TrueBrit.
Thanks! I was born here (Louisville) but spent the last 17 years in the Chicago area. It was like living in purgatory. I can't tell you how good it is to be back. I finally had enough and changed careers just so I could move (at less pay).

I travel to Richmond fairly often. Nice area, and the closest decent restaraunts around here, along with the closest package stores.

One of my idols was a Brit. Ever hear of Douglas Bader? There is an ispiration if I ever saw one!

Bader was indeed a true hero, and it is good that you would have heard of him.Richmond is OK, getting a bit too liberal,but close enough to the Appalachian Gateway that common sense usually prevails.OC friendly enough, just the odd soccer mom who has the vapours when they see an OCer, but I have had no problems to date.Good to have another OC man on board who isn't a Virginian!:D

TrueBrit.

TrueBrit

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Good to have another OC man on board who isn't a Virginian!:D
:shock::shock::uhoh::uhoh:

So I went and Googled Bader. I was most impressed, he was an accomplished Rugger!! hell yeah!:D

Glad that you Googled the guy, pretty impressive, no? Ignore my ill chosen remarks about the forum absolutely leaping with Virginians, it keeps you all out of trouble:D!

Best respects,

TrueBrit.

teknoid

imported post

I did a term paper on him in colllege. What always impressed me was the fact that he was a Wing Commander and ace in the Battle of Britain... with no legs!

After finally being brought down, he escaped more than once. Scratch golfer with no legs, too.

I know it's off topic, but..

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Desertscout wrote:
Regarding Utah. I talked to BCI this morning and, while the law is silent on it making it technically legal, BCI advises that you do NOT.

Call Clark Aposhian @ BCI. He is theChairman of the Board @ BCI & he states that there is NOTHING, NOTHING that states that OPEN CARRY is allowed. On the contary since it DOES NOT state it IT IT LEGAL 100%. However if there is an LEO that wants to pi** on you for doing it ask him. "Sir, which code am I breaking? " Then refer him to

76-10-505. Carrying loaded firearm in vehicle or on street.
(1) Unless otherwise authorized by law, a person may not carry a loaded firearm:
(a) in or on a vehicle;
(b) on any public street; or
(c) in a posted prohibited area.
(2) A violation of this section is a class B misdemeanor.

This refers that you CAN carry an UNLOADED firearm OPENLY (on the streets but not in a vehicle), however WITH CCW you can carry it LOADED ( on the street AND in your vehicle). CCW is "otherwise authorized by law"

YOU can EVEN give a Gun as a gift to an 18 year old and He/She CAN carrythat firearm "UTAH LOADED" meaning UNLOADED in the hip :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

76-10-509. Possession of dangerous weapon by minor.
(1) A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a dangerous weapon unless he:
(a) has the permission of his parent or guardian to have the weapon; or
(b) is accompanied by a parent or guardian while he has the weapon in his possession.
(2) Any minor under 14 years of age in possession of a dangerous weapon shall be accompanied by a responsible adult.
(3) Any person who violates this section is guilty of:
(a) a class B misdemeanor upon the first offense; and
(b) a class A misdemeanor for each subsequent offense.
76-10-509.4. Prohibition of possession of certain weapons by minors.
(1) A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a handgun.
(2) Except as provided by federal law, a minor under 18 years of age may not possess the following:
(a) a sawed-off rifle or sawed-off shotgun; or
(b) a fully automatic weapon.
(3) Any person who violates Subsection (1) is guilty of:
(a) a class B misdemeanor upon the first offense; and
(b) a class A misdemeanor for each subsequent offense.
(4) Any person who violates Subsection (2) is guilty of a third degree felony.

OPEN CARRY IS 100% LEGAL IN THE STATE OF UTAH

my 2 cents

"with Great Power comes Great Responsibility"

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Mike wrote:
"Technically legal?" That's what they call conduct not prohibited by law?

Give me a break.

It's also NOT illegal in UT to open Israeli carry a handgun either. Technicality?No, the statute is written very carefully.
Mike, can You please explain Israeli Carry??

jeepinbanditrider

imported post

Yup the Isrealis have to carry a condition 3 weapon. But they also train to carry this way. Most of them can draw chamber a round and be on target before most of us could even clear our holsters. If you are going to Isreali carry make sure you pratice (using snap caps or dummy rounds)a lot so it becomes second nature.

bohdi

imported post

Here's 1500 reasons to....got this from the facility I work at today.

This live presentation focuses on Fairfax County Gang prevention, intervention, and suppression initiatives. As of 2005, police department intelligence indicates there are at least 1,500 gang members and associates in Fairfax County. The police department has identified over 80 gangs. Please stop by and learn what the warning signs are, how your child might be involved in a gang, and how to be proactive in dealing with the situation.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bohdi wrote:
This live presentation focuses on Fairfax County Gang prevention, intervention, and suppression initiatives. As of 2005, police department intelligence indicates there are at least 1,500 gang members and associates in Fairfax County.
Handy info. Thanks, bhodi.

bohdi

imported post

I'd tell you when and where this will be at but it would do you no good, it's not open to the public. I'll take notes if anyone is interested.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Why...click on the link below and then in the upper left hand corner click on the movie clip titled "Policeman and clerk talk about assault and robbery".

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6533784

From the video, "It happens all the time. I don't know what they can do about it." I'll tell you. You get a gun and you carry it all of the time. If, and I repeat if, you are attacked like this you draw your gun and you shoot the S.O.B.'s!

LoveMyCountry

Desertscout

imported post

Just so eveyone knows where I stand here, I don't consider a state that allows you to get up in the morning and strap on your gun without having to get someone's permission, an open-carry state. An OC state means that if you drive in from out-of-state and you get up in the middle of the night at your motel and decide to go to McDonald's and get a snack, you can get dressed, put on your gun without a permit and go without worrying about whether you're breaking some stupid permit law.

UT is NOT what I consider an OC state because it has to be unloaded OR you have to have a permit, the same as quite a few other states. Someone said TN was OC state. Not in my eyes. Not if you have to get a permit to do it.

Those that live in these restrictive states like to make claims that they live in an OC state and everyone wants to argue with me about my list. I was not wrong. You eiether live in an OC state or you don't and if you have to ask permission, you don't.

para_org

imported post

Desertscout wrote:
Just so eveyone knows where I stand here, I don't consider a state that allows you to get up in the morning and strap on your gun without having to get someone's permission, an open-carry state. An OC state means that if you drive in from out-of-state and you get up in the middle of the night at your motel and decide to go to McDonald's and get a snack, you can get dressed, put on your gun without a permit and go without worrying about whether you're breaking some stupid permit law.

UT is NOT what I consider an OC state because it has to be unloaded OR you have to have a permit, the same as quite a few other states. Someone said TN was OC state. Not in my eyes. Not if you have to get a permit to do it.

Those that live in these restrictive states like to make claims that they live in an OC state and everyone wants to argue with me about my list. I was not wrong. You eiether live in an OC state or you don't and if you have to ask permission, you don't.
Uh... yep. NM is kinda cool ; in that the right to open carry is written into the state constitution.

slowzx320

imported post

I just got into guns not to long ago and have been on this site for a lil while now. I have my permit(i am a proper person to legally carry a gun). Im 23 i dress in somewhat baggy clothes im not a gang banger by any means, im not a person who likes to tuck in my shirts unless um wearing dress clothes. Ima quiet person i always have common courtesy to others. I dont think im a badass nor do i act like it. So what would it matter for me to open carry leagally that i need to tuck in my shirt??? im not trying to be a dick but what would it matter??? I dont see a problem with me OCing and my shirt nottucked in, like he said in the first post that he oc when he has his shirt tucked in. I just hear this a lot just my personal perefrence of not tucking in my shirt.