Thread: Open and Conceal carry from Pa to VA

Post imported post

I don't seem to understand the law properly. opencarry.org has VA as a golden open carry state. but I have a PA conceal carry permit which doesn't have the reciprocity with VA for concealed carry.so does that mean that I can open carry only? or is it that I am wrong on both counts?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

We don't really track concealed carry permits here at OpenCarry.org except to the extent that they sometimes affect open carry rights.

You apparently hold a "License to Carry Firearms" from PA. VA does not accept this license for any purpose at this time.

Our color coding of states reflects the level of open carry rights in a state.

Any legally present non-prohibited person 18 years of age or over can open carry in VA; that's the same rule for PA outside of vehicles and Philedelphia.

Post imported post

For information on concealed carry laws and such you can go to

www.packing.org

Post imported post

Bolt06 wrote:
    I don't seem to understand the law properly. opencarry.org has VA as a golden open carry state. but I have a PA conceal carry permit which doesn't have the reciprocity with VA for concealed carry.so does that mean that I can open carry only? or is it that I am wrong on both counts?

My only issue with that trip (and I make it myself but in the other direction) is travelling through the People's Democratic Republic of Maryland and Delaware on my way back to sanity.

Apply for an out of state permit in Virginia. I will be driving to Doylestown in the next month to apply for my PA permit and expect no difficulties.