Thread: BLACKHAWK CQC HOLSTERS

Post imported post

Does anyone knowwho sellsBLACKHAWKcarbon fiber holsters with the SERPA ACTIVE RETENTION for a 5" XD 45acp (Tactical), Black,belt type? I know they have them for the 4" Models, per Web Site.

I read a reply in this forum recently which one of the members stated using a BLACKHAWK holster with SERPA for his 5" SA. I don't know if he was referring to a 4" holster or a 5".

I know the holster for the 4" model can be used for the 5", but I don't want the muzzle to stick out 3/4":what:

Post imported post

You probably read my words about carrying a 5" XD-45 in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA. I love mine!

It is the same holster for both Service and Tactical models. As you noted, the Blackhawk CQC is an open-bottom holster, so it will accomodate either length. And yes, the muzzle of a Tacticalwill stick out the bottom approx 3/4". At the time that I bought mine, anyways, there were not specific models for 4" & 5" guns. And I don't believe that they intend to make a 5" specific holster. If you want a similar holster with a closed bottom, check out Bianchi Carry-Lok.

molonlabetn

Post imported post

molonlabetn wrote:
    If you want a similar holster with a closed bottom, check out Bianchi Carry-Lok.

molonlabetn
    By similar, do you mean retention? The Bianchi is leather and the CQC is synthetic. I had never seen a leather holster that had a retention device in that location. I wonder how fast it is. I like leather but not the thumb breaks, and the SERPA on the CQC is fast.

Post imported post

I use Impact Guns alot:

[color=#0000a0]http://www.impactguns.com/store/blackhawk_industries.html]Impact Guns

Hope this works.

Post imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
    molonlabetn wrote:
    If you want a similar holster with a closed bottom, check out Bianchi Carry-Lok.

molonlabetn
    By similar, do you mean retention? The Bianchi is leather and the CQC is synthetic. I had never seen a leather holster that had a retention device in that location. I wonder how fast it is. I like leather but not the thumb breaks, and the SERPA on the CQC is fast.
    Yes, the retention device is similar... But the Bianchi model is leather, as you say. Most polymer/kydex holsters that I have seen are open-bottom, with a few exceptions. I got the impression that the original poster wanted an enclosed holster with retention & draw similar to the SERPA, thus the suggestion.

molonlabetn

Post imported post

I have used the Carry-Lok for a short period of time during some league shootin'. I really like it. The retention mechanism is very similar to the Blackhawk. If I needed another holster, I wouldn't hesitate to puchase on for my 4" XD 45.

Jason