• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man who was ocing robbed of gun

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This goes back to the thread on singing more than one song. In my martial arts classes, we were taught several ways to drop someone approaching us from behind. I'd like to think that training was worth something.

I can't imagine letting someone get that close, but as longwatch said, I don't know all the details.

cREbralFIX

imported post

On "spinning around":

If someone is silly enough to place the muzzle of a weapon in contact with a trained victim, that weapon will belong to the "victim". But it must be done quickly and proficiently.

There is a specific technique used to counter a gun muzzle that is in contact with your back or head. The technique involves rotation, using the muzzle as an axis. You spin to the side where the muzzle is (ie: it will always be off center). The idea is to get the muzzle pointed at air as quickly as possible. With your hands up (which is good), and "act" like it's a joke to relax yourself. Relaxation is the key. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT BROADCAST YOUR MOVEMENT WITH YOUR SHOULDER! So, rotate into the gun on the side that is farthest from your center. Loop the closest arm over the rifle or arm (for a handgun). Lock the rifle or arm. In case of the rifle, (if you want) you can grab the magazine and twist. In case of a handgun, control that arm! In either case, use your other arm to strike at the neck of your enemy (elbows work too). Take the gun as you pound your enemy's neck and face. Followup with kicks to the knee, as needed. Since a weapon was pointed at you, shoot the bastard and his buddies, because this is deadly force time.

There is a odd technique for punching that is extremely powerful and is typically not taught in dojos. It is based upon velocity, not thrusting from the foot and hips as taught in karate and tae kwon do. One punches from the shoulder, without moving it. This is very fast and if the shoulder moves, the punch is broadcast. Hyperextension of the arm and wrist results in a sort of weird "grinding" that causes additional damage. This technique is very different and I didn't believe it until I tried it. Light hits (from the perspective of the puncher) hurt like hell. I don't want to be hit hard using this technique.

The above techniques take time and practice to achieve proficiency. You must practice against rifles and handguns, as well as perfect punching from the shoulder. Various martial arts, such as Krav Maga and others, do all sorts of preparatory moves. All this will get you shot. You must minimize your movements in order to avoid this result.