Thread: How long has OC been allowed?

Post imported post

Greetings Everyone,

I have only had my utah CWP since January. I could have sworn that the teacher I took the class from said open carry in Utah was illegal. I see here that is not the case. Anyway, I was just wondering how long open carry has been allowed in Utah?

Thanks for the info!

Post imported post

You can try to research the relevant statutes through www.packing.org or www.handgunlaw.us, but in most cases, there are no laws "permitting" such an action. For the most part laws are enacted to restrict or forbid something, not permit it. If open carry has never been forbidden by law, it is therefore permissable.

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    You can try to research the relevant statutes through http://www.packing.org or http://www.handgunlaw.us, but in most cases, there are no laws "permitting" such an action. For the most part laws are enacted to restrict or forbid something, not permit it. If open carry has never been forbidden by law, it is therefore permissable.
    I see, that makes sense...

Thanks for the info!

Post imported post

Whenever I am in Utah, Open Carry is what I practice. And so far, there has never been a problem of any sort. Most people either don't notice or don't "react".

Post imported post

smo wrote:
    Greetings Everyone,

I have only had my utah CWP since January. I could have sworn that the teacher I took the class from said open carry in Utah was illegal. I see here that is not the case. Anyway, I was just wondering how long open carry has been allowed in Utah?

Thanks for the info!
    ================================================== =========

He is wrong . Please contact Clark Aposhian @ BCI (Chairman of the Board) @ 801-560-4836. This gentleman gives advise to the AG and the Gov.