• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long has OC been allowed?

smo

imported post

Greetings Everyone,

I have only had my utah CWP since January. I could have sworn that the teacher I took the class from said open carry in Utah was illegal. I see here that is not the case. Anyway, I was just wondering how long open carry has been allowed in Utah?

Thanks for the info!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can try to research the relevant statutes through www.packing.org or www.handgunlaw.us, but in most cases, there are no laws "permitting" such an action. For the most part laws are enacted to restrict or forbid something, not permit it. If open carry has never been forbidden by law, it is therefore permissable.

smo

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
You can try to research the relevant statutes through http://www.packing.org or http://www.handgunlaw.us, but in most cases, there are no laws "permitting" such an action. For the most part laws are enacted to restrict or forbid something, not permit it. If open carry has never been forbidden by law, it is therefore permissable.

I see, that makes sense...

Thanks for the info!

EagleFiveZero

imported post

Whenever I am in Utah, Open Carry is what I practice. And so far, there has never been a problem of any sort. Most people either don't notice or don't "react".

UTOC-45-44

imported post

smo wrote:
Greetings Everyone,

I have only had my utah CWP since January. I could have sworn that the teacher I took the class from said open carry in Utah was illegal. I see here that is not the case. Anyway, I was just wondering how long open carry has been allowed in Utah?

Thanks for the info!

===========================================================

He is wrong . Please contact Clark Aposhian @ BCI (Chairman of the Board) @ 801-560-4836. This gentleman gives advise to the AG and the Gov.