Thread: Anti-gun camp ground

Post imported post

For the Campers on the board. I like to go camping, and while looking for a camp ground on Lake Anna, I came across this place. The camp ground I went to last weekend, did not have any such rules, and ICC'ed the entire weekend.

http://www.christopherruncampground.com/rules.html

Post imported post

OK, here I go, stirring the pot again. This is the e-mail that I just sent to the fine folks at Christopher Run Campground. I will post a reply, if I receive one.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for posting your rules on your website. By doing so, you have saved me a huge headache. Had I not known these rules, I would have madearrangements to stay there, just to be forcedto make a last minute change upon arrival based on your "no firearms" policy.

I respectfully request that you re-think your position on firearms, as gun owners in general are some of the nicest and most law-abiding folks you will ever meet. A "no guns" rule or policy has never stopped anyone whose intent was to commit violence. Such a policy only disarms law-abiding citizens, making them nearly helpless in the event of an attack.

As is permitted by state law, I carry a firearm for personal protection 99%+ of the time. I will not give up my ability to properly defend myself for the ability to do business, as long as alternatives exist. You have the right to run your business as you see fit. I also have, and choose to exercise,the right to take my money elsewhere when I learn that a particular business requires me to give up my rights to enter their property.

As an added note, I am a veteran of the first Gulf War, and am trained in law enforcement,although I do not currently serve in the profession. Ihave many friends who share my views on this issue and avoid businesses who are "gun-unfriendly", yet go out of their way to patronize "gun-friendly" establishments.

Regards,

James

Post imported post

What is the name of the gun friendly campground?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

(Misread previous post - sorry)

Post imported post

Holy cow, jimwyant that was a really good letter

Post imported post

Thank you.

Post imported post

VAopen,

The name of the camp is Lake Nelson Campground. It is located in Arrington, Va, which is about 30 miles South of Charlottesville off of route 29.

Post imported post

For the record, I have not yet received a response from the campground. I guess they prefer that their facility remain a criminal-friendly zone.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It truly is a shame when companies in rural areas start banning rights. One reason I really can't stand the direct lake area is that the liberal disease from the NOVA and northern migrants seems to be infecting this area. They move in for the "rural life" and unfortunately they bring the cesspool city life with it.
    Sorry to offend anyone but this hit the “outside influenced destruction of quality of life” cord with me

Post imported post

Toad,

So true. I liken it to folks who move next the an airport, and then complain about the noise.