• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC meeting?

Sigaleps

imported post

When are we OCers from Richmond,Chesterfield,Henrico and Hanover going to have an OC get together? Our OC buddies from NoVa, VA Beach are having a grand time in their OC meetings and planning to have more...

jimwyant

imported post

Count me in, if it can be scheduled when I am in town. I work in NC, but come home to Sandston on my days off, which vary from week to week. Any ideas of a time/place?

jimwyant

imported post

I'll be in town next weekend, the 25th-27th, and any of those evenings would work for me. I'm on the east end, and there isn't much in my area except for an Applebees at Laburnum and I-64. There is a pretty good chinese place called International Buffet in Mechanicsville that's only been open a few months, and Hong Kong King Buffet on Midlothian isn't bad, if you're interested in Chinese. If something more traditional is desired, there's Outback in Mechanicsville, Chilis near Va Center Commons (and probably every other mall in the area, for that matter), and Topekas on Parham, but they would probably have a significant wait on Friday/Saturday evening. I mention all of these, since I've OC'ed at all of them in the past, although past performance is no guarantee of future results. Personally, I vote for HKKB on Saturday, 26.AUG.06 at 8PM. I know rchjr and hlh are southside, and I'm flexible. If we end up doing this (or something on the southside), cs9c1, you can ride with me if you want, along with up to two others in the Mechanicsville/east end area. OK, the first idea is on the table. Thoughts? Suggestions?

jimwyant

imported post

I wasn't expecting my suggestion to meet with such a positive response, but I am glad that it has. A good friend of mine may come as well, depending on whether or not he has to work the next day. Anyone else?

cs9c1

imported post

rchjr wrote:
Ok, Sat Aug 26th 8pm HKKB sounds good to me. Look forward to it.:D
You have got to be kidding me. I just paid for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation class on that weekend. God I hope I can get there. I will start planning it now.

jimwyant

imported post

Let's see here. Sigaleps +2, SicSemperTyrannis +1, rchjr, cs9c1 if he can make it, and myself +1. That is nine including cs9c1. Not bad, as long as nobody has to cancel, especially for the first get-together in the area. Anybody else?

In case anyone doesn't know where the restaurant is, here are directions from their website: http://www.hongkongkingbuffet.com/25772.html

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I assume we plan to walk in together. The parking lot fills up quickly, especially at night. I suggest that we meet at the far end of the lot (still in front of the restaurant, just the most distant parking spaces, so we can find each other). I'll be the short, fat guy driving the gray BMW wagon.

Sigaleps

imported post

Thanks a lot jimwyant for taking the lead and for providing the details for our first meeting here in Richmond...I will bedriving a pewter Nissan Altima..Buddy #1 will be driving a grey CRV and buddy #2 will be driving a white Toyota Tundra..

Hope hlh could make it...

livitup

imported post

I'm in Culpeper, but my wife will be out of town, so I'll be bored...

I have my CCW, but I've never done OC before. I think it would be helpful to be with a group to quell some of my nervousness about it.

So, unless I get totally stuck at work on Saturday, count me in!

jimwyant

imported post

hlh: As far as I am concerned, ladies are more than welcome, especially if they OC, but I don't know if we should require OC. It would be nice if everyone in the group did, but I wouldn't want to pressure anyone into something they aren't comfortable with. If they come but don't OC, maybe the fellowship will encourage it. I invited my wife, who doesn't OC, but she declined my invitation. She has something else planned for the evening.

livitup: Welcome to OCDO. The more, the merrier. Bring friends if you want.

One note: They do serve beer, so OC is the only carry option.

It looks like we're up to 12 with cs9c1, livitup and hlh & his wife. This is better than I had imagined. Unless some folks cancel, I will probably call ahead and tell them to expect a group. I won't tell them that we'll be making their restaurant the safest one in the area while we're there, but I will likely give them a courtesey call since it will be a significant number.

Anyone else want to come join the party?:D

cs9c1

imported post

jimwyant wrote:
I won't tell them that we'll be making their restaurant the safest one in the area while we're there, but I will likely give them a courtesey call since it will be a significant number.

Smart idea, we don't want to overwhelm the staff. Unless something major comes up, you can count me in. The wife is declining to partake so I will be dateless;).

jimwyant

imported post

Just a quick reminder/update. I stopped by HKKB today (wife had a doctor's appointment up the street at JW Hospital) and let them know to expect us. He wrote 12 @ 8PM on the calendar for tomorrow night, and promised to have a table ready for us. Directions are posted in two or three previous messages, but if you need something more specific, PM me. The guy did do a triple take on my weapon, but I don't know why. I've OC'ed there many times when he was working. Nothing was said, though. We'll see the reaction when a dozen of us show up armed to the teeth. :D See everyone tomorrow evening.