• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC meeting?

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I can't make it. I wish I could. My brother really wants me to join him and his three month old son for dinner at my parents in Powhatan tonight, his wife is out of town and I don't get to see him (or my nephew) as much as I'd like. I'm torn, but I'll be there next time, and I look forward to reading about the experience!

jimwyant

imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
livitup wrote:
I don't need much help looking fat. :)
Hey, I resemble that remark.
At least you meet military standards. I passed those limits about 30 pounds ago.

SicSemper - does that mean that your friend won't be in attendance? Enjoy your time with family. Family first, always.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone tonight. My friend just called to let me know that he isn't going to make it, so we're down to 9/10 - still a very respectable showing for the first time. I've been up all night, so I'm going to bed for a few hours. See everyone tonight, assuming I don't sleep through my alarm.

livitup

imported post

Hey gang,

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to make it tonight. I just now (9:00) got home from work, so there's no reasonable chance I can make it there before 10:30 or so, and I imagine you'll all be fat(ter), dumber, and happier, and gone, once I got there.

So, I hope everyone had a good meetup and I'll try again next time.

jimwyant

imported post

livitup - Sorry we missed you. I just got back home. Six of us made it, and I would like to think that a good time was had by all. It was great to meet and fellowship with everyone, and hope we can have a repeat performance again soon.

cs9c1

imported post

Maybe next time livitup. I really enjoyed myself this evening, as it seamed everyone did (once I found the place:D). I hope to do it again soon, and maybe a range day in between also.

rchjr

imported post

Hi guys,

I really enjoyed tonight's get together. Looking forward to the next one, and to some range time. I need some alternatives to the two ranges I use.:D

Stay alert/Stay Alive

jimwyant

imported post

hlh wrote:
I'm gonna have to bring a bigger caliber next time. With all the .45's, and a .454, my 9mm was out classed! Jim was loaded for bear! I'll join the "big caliber club" and bring the .45 next time. :D
Although I suffer from the "Tim Taylor Disease" and won't carry one, there is nothing wrong with a 9mm. If you'd been packing a 25ACP, I might have had to say something, though. That reminds me of a post I read on another blog about a one-shot-stop with a 25ACP. It's interesting reading, and rather amusing - check it out: http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006/06/darwin-is-rotter.html Another funny story from the same guy: http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2006/08/that-didnt-hurt-for-long.html

cs9c1

imported post

Although I carry a 40cal I sure as hell don't want to be shot by a 25ACP, 9mm, or even a BB gun. My personal feeling is, if it works for ya, well, it does.

jimwyant

imported post

Opening the floor to suggestions as to when/where our next fellowship should be. The last one was my idea, so I would be more than happy to let someone else pick this time. However, in case nobody else has any suggestions, I will offer Chilis just south of Virginia Center Commons on US-1 near Ashland at 8PM on 23 September. The actual address of the restaurant is 9950 Brook Rd., Glen Allen (in the same plaza as Circuit City, on the opposite side of US-1 as the mall). I have OC'ed here a couple times during the day. Once, several years ago, the hostess had a minor freak-out and the manager felt obligated to stop by our table and check me out to make her feel better. After a conversation that lasted less than 30 seconds, he told us to enjoy our meal and left. No incidents during any other visits.

jimwyant

imported post

I assumed that a weekend night would be more convenient than a night during the week. I could make it on Monday or Tuesday night of the same week - the 18th or 19th, if that would be more convenient for most. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

jimwyant

imported post

Sigaleps wrote:
jimwyant, could we move it to the 16th or 30thof Sept.? :D:D
I work every other weekend, and those two dates are during the weekends that I work. I want to attend, of course, but if the date that works for the greatest number of folks doesn't work for me, I'll just catch the next one. So far, the 23rd works for me, rchjr and hlh, but one of your alternates may work equally well for them. Anyone who wants to attend, please weigh in on the preferred date, and we'll let the majority decide.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Being from Tidewater, I have no personal stake in this, but we had our first dinner in VA Beach on a weeknight and it was pretty easy to set up. Weekends tend to fill up with family outings, visits, honey-do jobs, etc. Also, weeknights the restaurants aren't as crowded so it can be easier to get a larger table if a fair number show up. In any event, good luck with your plans!