• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second NOVA meetup

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Depending how many people plan to go to Fredericksburg for the gun show this weekend, a brunch in Central Park somewhere might make sense.

(I never suggest inside the beltway <grin>).

usnavy_233

imported post

I'm a complete newbie here and just signed up after reading the last 12 pages ofthe "Restaurant Carry 2" thread. I've never carried openly to date. I'd love to bust my cherry at a NOVA OC meeting. I'm in!

cREbralFIX

imported post

Hey all,

Has people decided upon when and where?

How does Reston sound?

XD Owner

imported post

ALL -

I'm more of an Inside the Beltway type myself. When you live in Alexandria, Reston seems like a foreign country almost, ha ha!

Anyone know a good place in Arlington maybe as a compromise? Or Tysons Corner is a good in-between area, yes?

I am off this week. I suppose most people would like Friday or Saturday night.

I would enjoy meeting you all. Have a great week while we're thinking of where and when to meet. :lol:

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

could always hit the ledo's in Falls Church or Idylwood Grille. Both are nice spots I have been to. They are almost across the street from each other and just up from Inova Fairfax hospital (Gallows Rd). That's about as far inside the beltway as I tend to get. I like the rural life (haha -- Prince William [for now]). I know it's not rural, but it does allow me a 15min commute.

rabbit994

imported post

I'm up for anything but I'd like to skip Ledos this time. I'm all for meeting inside the beltway and going to see our yankee friends. ;)

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

you caught me... don't even know what month it is...

could be worse, at least I know who I am (I think so anyway...) :lol:

TEX1N

imported post

I'min if my schedule permits. With college starting next week I will be in the Fairfax/GMU area a lot more, although my schedule will also be getting a lot crazier!

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Aldos is ok, but its not much of a steakhouse. They do have a backroom that could accomodate a larger group. Getting a table for everyone might be a problem at Ledos or Idyllwood grill though. Anthonys in Falls Church could take a big group, and a bunch of VCDL members OC'd there a few years ago after a city board meeting.

jimwyant

imported post

If you decide on 9/8, and there are no objections to one of us southerners at your NoVA get-together, I just might be able to talk the wife into letting me come, too - depending on exactly where you choose to meet. :)

rabbit994

imported post

I'm proposing a date of 9/8/06 with someone else to pick place. I'd prefer American fare but Ledo's (let's switch it up)
I propose Hard Times in Woodbridge since Randy mention he would love to have us simply to cause discussion.