• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second NOVA meetup

parashoot man

imported post

Since I,m a new kid on the block and live accross the river in ENEMY TERRITORY,

I'd love to get together with the few FELLOW AMERICANS left here on 9/8.

By the way, please don't hold it against me because I have a CARRY PERMIT FROM MARYLAND!

parashoot man

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm in if someone picks a place.

What a treat it will be to actually meet one of the three people in MD who got a permit.

darrel_h

imported post

rabbit994 wrote:
I'm proposing a date of 9/8/06 with someone else to pick place. I'd prefer American fare but Ledo's (let's switch it up)
I propose Hard Times in Woodbridge since Randy mention he would love to have us simply to cause discussion.

hello everyone. i'm sure most of you don't recognize me as i don't post too much on here. i really am not able to oc all that much so i don't have any good stories, but i put my 2 cents in when i can. i have been visiting this site for quite some time now and really appreciate all the help you all are giving to newbie oc'ers like myself. it wasthis site that really gave me the confidence to start. so i've been oc'ing for a few months now with absolutely no problems. because of this i've been wanting to go to one of your meetings and meet some fellow oc'ers, as none of my friends in the nova area even own, never mind carry (most think i'm a little crazy for carrying as much as i do, cc or oc). that being said, on the one hand,everything that happened at hard times has seriously turned me off to that place. if you're going to have a policy, make it universal, not just some of the time when it pleases or best comforts you. be true to your philosophies. but, they are obviously willing to compromise, so i guess i have to give them some credit. so on the other hand i agree with rabbit and say have it at hard times and see how themanager really feels, when he sees, i don't know, a dozen or so people come walking in packing, who knows, maybe this will actually help him become more comfortable with it in his entire establisment, not just the dining facility, seeing the caliber of people (law abiding citizens) that carry. plus it's right down the street from me so it's a lot easier to get too. which is one of the big reasons i haven't made it to the other meetings, too far away. but anywho, that's my 2 cents, hope it helps. everyone take care and keep fighting the 2a fight, it's much appreciated.

rabbit994

imported post

We currently have one nomination for Hard Time Woodbridge on 9/8. Floor is still open for additional nominations.

cREbralFIX

imported post

The problem with Woodbridge is that it's so difficult to get to during rush hour.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Anyone ever tried OC at El Paso Cafe in Arlington?

Good food, and everyone else is trying to get AWAY from Arlington at the end of the day. I've been in groups of up to 16 there; I don't know about more than that.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've talked to Randy Barnette, the manager of Hard Times Cafe in Woodbridge, and he would not only like to have all of us meet there on 9/8, but he said he's offering our group a 20% discount. I'd say that Hard Times is gun owner friendly. :D

TEX1N

imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
I've talked to Randy Barnette, the manager of Hard Times Cafe in Woodbridge, and he would not only like to have all of us meet there on 9/8, but he said he's offering our group a 20% discount. I'd say that Hard Times is gun owner friendly. :D
I'm in! That sounds like a good way to show him that gun owners arenormal people, and at the same time save some money ongood food. (And by normal I mean just as crazy as everyone else!)