• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSF class carry

cs9c1

imported post

Any suggestions on if or how I should carry while attending the MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) class at the Richmond DMV this week. I am leaning toward CCing (sorry) because the class is important to me and I would hate to be kicked out and loose my money. Please don't flame me I am just wondering what your opinions are.

jimwyant

imported post

Just because this site is dedicated to OC, I don't think a single person will have anything negative to say to you if you choose to CC in a particular situation. I am more anal than most about not doing business where my weapon isn't welcome (I won't even go to a gun show or shop that doesn't exempt me as a CHL holder from their "no loaded weapons" policy), but I'll be the first to say that there are times that CC is the better option. Many of these situations, for me at least, are important events that would cause significant inconvenience if rescheduling became necessary. My (potential) new eye doctor asked me to leave my weapon in my vehicle, and I declined to become a new patient, see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/220.html - although had I known his reaction in advance, I may have chosen to CC. My glasses are in very bad shape and I haven't had my prescription checked in three years. In the end, it worked out for the best, because I later learned that my old doctor, where I have OC'ed in the past with no problems, made a change and now takes my new insurance. CC for the class to make it a non-event, and good luck. Just make sure you're done in time to meet the rest of us Richmond OC'ers in Midlothian. :)

VAopencarry

imported post

I wouldn't OC there, in fact, I would recommend you don't OC. A lot of your classmates will be nervous as it is. Some wanting to make sure they pass, others that have never been on a bike before and are a little, or a lot, afraid. No need to put any more undo stress on them. Yeah I know, it's your right and it's their problem but I think it would be more courteous of you to refrain.

Heck, You might want to consider leaving it in your vehicle, as you don't need the distraction either. :) Listen to your instructors. Though I knew how to ride from riding dirt bikes, I learned some very important things in that class.