• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia State Fair?

livitup

imported post

We had a bunch of fliers for the VA state fair at work and I thought it would be fun to take my family to the fair this year.

Possibly a better situation for CC than OC, depending on the density of people there, but is any type of carry an option? I scoured the fair's official website, wich is pretty thin on content, and couldn't find anything about firearms.

Anyone got a clue?

cs9c1

imported post

Can't seem to find anything posted about their official policies on firearms. If I go I would CC due to the large crowd and close and cramped conditions you always seem to be in at these types of events.

VApatriot

imported post

I know that there is a rule against carryingat the Richmond International Raceway, which is on the fair grounds, but I believeRIR is owned by a separate organization than the rest of the propertyand may have different rules.

rabbit994

imported post

Last time I was at State Fair, they had signs up stating weapons were not allowed, searchs were being conducted. I did not carry and I was forced to leave my weapon in the car. However I was not searched. Number of people around would make me think twice about carrying due to stray bullets in the event I had to use it but place that worried me the most was the parking lot because alot of different people coming and going and there looked like some shady characters.

Next year, they are suppose to be moving to new place where they own the land. Since they get money from state (I'm pretty sure they do) they might not have a choice next year. I'd love to see the law changed that weapons may not be banned from any place/event that recieves state tax money.

kw5kw

imported post

If your state fair is anything like ours here in Dallas, it's not the fair that I'm worried about as there is plenty of police presence inside the fair grounds.

It's the area in which you have to walk thru to get from and back to your car that I'm worried about.

In Texas you're allowed to carry concealed with a permit at our state fair.

Russ